1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jumped in the deep end

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SkiHound, Apr 15, 2012.

1. SkiHound

SkiHound Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    I've been using an E620 for the last few years. Mostly liked it but have been looking at alternatives. Till the E-M5 none of the m43 cameras said buy me. But I knew I wanted smaller/lighter rather than bigger/heavier. I just thought about how I used cameras and sometimes find the E620 bigger than I really wanted to deal with. I had hoped the E-M5 had solved the issues of focusing with my extant 43 lenses, especially the 12-60 which I love, but... But it offers virtually everything else I was looking for. So a few weeks ago I ordered the E-M5 kit with 12-50, the PL-25, the Oly 45 f1.8, the 40-150, and the mmf-3. I know the equipment is better than me but hope I can grow with it. I've been mostly a lurker here but hope to participate a bit more in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    look forward to seeing images from your E-M5...

3. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    BOOM!
    Big kit! Post up some pics from yer 620. Show us yer style

- Eliot

4. bedojo

bedojo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2011
    Oregon
    Sweet! congratz :) 
    I jumped in with you
    sold my canon gear (5d2, 24-70L, 70-200L)
    preorderd a e-m5 body, 12mm and 45mm
    then bought an ebay gf2 for 150 bucks to play with :p 
    now the my lenses finally sold, I will be ordering the PL-25 :D 

I am loving it right now, can't wait until the em-5 gets here, i need a VF (well evf :p )

5. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    LOL you guys are awesome! Can't wait to see what you do with your new system!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.