1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Journey by Andrew Reid Shot on OM-D E-M5

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by brianb032, Jul 20, 2012.

1. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    https://vimeo.com/46037469

Camera aside, the footage is quite amazing to say the least. Now, if only Olympus could get their video codec sorted out.

2. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    No information is posted about camera settings used or polarizers, ND filters, etc. used. So the public doesn't learn how to shoot great looking videos with the E-M5.

Indeed, it's a camera industry wide problem; e.g. I cannot go to the Olympus's, Canon's or Panasonic's Youtube channel any find company made tutorials about how to shoot stunning video or even stunning still images with their cameras!

But ironically, I can go to the Echo chainsaw company website and watch company made step by step videos of how to start their saws and cut a tree or firewood.

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I would contend that doing great looking video has nothing to do with your ND filters and everything to do with your artistic and cinematographic abilities. And Reid wrote a 164 page book about doing all of it with the GH2.

The equipment is not the limiting step once you have a camera like the OMD; the red button is all you need.

4. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    I think he meant techniques achieved by using specific items that amateurs (inlcluding myself) would like to know in order to achieve something similar