Jonathan from Richmond, KY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Dolphinjon, May 9, 2016.

1. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    I only found y'all a couple of days ago, and only joined today, but I have learned so much since finding this place!
    I've enjoyed photography since high school. As a graduation present to myself, I purchased a Rebel XTi right after graduation. I'd learned on SLRs and never thought I would move away from them.

Fast forward more than a decade and I'm married with a 14 month old daughter, and am getting ready to move to Brazil long term. I wanted a new camera, but just found myself not bothering with my bulky DSLR and I didn't feel like a new camera body would make me use it more. The more I read the more a wanted something like the Olympus E-M10 II. I found one on Craigslist last night over in Louisville that was almost new with the kit 14-42 EZ, a 40-150mm and a 12-50mm. All for less than the the body with one lens brand new. I figured it must be a sign and picked it up this afternoon. It's been a few hours and I think I'm back in love with photography! I can't wait to keep learning from everyone here!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

2. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi Dolphinjon
    Welcome to Mu-43 and congrats on picking up the Oly E-M10 mk2. How's it going with the new camera?
    A 14mnth old and a move to Brazil. Wow - busy times!
    Enjoy the daughter and the camera :) My 'little girl' is about to turn 17! Time sure does go fast.
    Love to see some images taken with the E-M10 mk2. My son (who is 15) is keen to get in to photography and is seriously looking at the E-M10 Mk2.
    Post some daughter /Brazil photos soon....

3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Welcome!

Enjoy the gear that you have, but might be worth considering a fast prime in future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.