1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Jonathan from Richmond, KY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Dolphinjon, May 9, 2016.

1. Dolphinjon

Dolphinjon Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2016
    I only found y'all a couple of days ago, and only joined today, but I have learned so much since finding this place!
    I've enjoyed photography since high school. As a graduation present to myself, I purchased a Rebel XTi right after graduation. I'd learned on SLRs and never thought I would move away from them.

Fast forward more than a decade and I'm married with a 14 month old daughter, and am getting ready to move to Brazil long term. I wanted a new camera, but just found myself not bothering with my bulky DSLR and I didn't feel like a new camera body would make me use it more. The more I read the more a wanted something like the Olympus E-M10 II. I found one on Craigslist last night over in Louisville that was almost new with the kit 14-42 EZ, a 40-150mm and a 12-50mm. All for less than the the body with one lens brand new. I figured it must be a sign and picked it up this afternoon. It's been a few hours and I think I'm back in love with photography! I can't wait to keep learning from everyone here!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

2. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi Dolphinjon
    Welcome to Mu-43 and congrats on picking up the Oly E-M10 mk2. How's it going with the new camera?
    A 14mnth old and a move to Brazil. Wow - busy times!
    Enjoy the daughter and the camera :) My 'little girl' is about to turn 17! Time sure does go fast.
    Love to see some images taken with the E-M10 mk2. My son (who is 15) is keen to get in to photography and is seriously looking at the E-M10 Mk2.
    Post some daughter /Brazil photos soon....

3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Welcome!

Enjoy the gear that you have, but might be worth considering a fast prime in future.