Joining in the fun of mu-43

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SimonJohn, Sep 25, 2014.

1. SimonJohn

SimonJohn New to Mu-43

Sep 25, 2014
    Dorset, UK
    Hi, I have recently bought a Panasonic Lumix G6, I didn't know it was a Mu-43 camera, I didn't even know what the flip a Mu-43 camera was! I read some reviews and got what I think was a good deal - the camera, a kit 14-42 lens and the promise of a free 45-150mm lens (which hasn't arrived yet) for £469. I wanted a quality video camera to replace a great old Sony DV Cam I had sold and thought that a nice stills photography camera would be a bonus as I had become very disillusioned with my photography.

I have been struggling with a Canon D50 for a few years, I have been on courses, read everything on the Internet - yes the entire Internet, but my pictures were horrible! I have an old Canon 350D and the pictures I have taken on that were OK. I supposed that I was just a rubbish photographer. So, I sold the D50 and bought the Panasonic. Wow, the first few snaps I shot were so much better than anything I shot on the old camera, just using the Intelligent Auto and the kit lens, blimey! The video quality BTW is stunning and surprisingly the inbuilt mic is pretty good - I use a Zoom H1 for sound, but for most purposes the onboard sound is acceptable.

Thanks to the posts I read on this forum I have now bought a couple of adaptors and some old lenses on Ebay and am playing with them, photography is fun again! I will post some of my pictures taken with these lenses as I found the example posts for various lenses really helpful, maybe some pictures taken by a blundering amateur like me will be helpful for those less talented folks!

Cheers everyone

• Like Like x 5
  2. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Enjoy! Lovely bit of the country to be based in too, look forward to seeing some of Dorset here :)
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hi! Really nice camera, the G6.
  4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Welcome Simon, I too am an 'enthusiastic amateur'. :wink:

I have both the G2 and the G5 plus a ton of legacy glass and adapters - it cheers me considerably when I take them for a walk...