Joining in the fun of mu-43

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by SimonJohn, Sep 25, 2014.

1. SimonJohn

SimonJohn New to Mu-43

Sep 25, 2014
    Dorset, UK
    Simon
    Hi, I have recently bought a Panasonic Lumix G6, I didn't know it was a Mu-43 camera, I didn't even know what the flip a Mu-43 camera was! I read some reviews and got what I think was a good deal - the camera, a kit 14-42 lens and the promise of a free 45-150mm lens (which hasn't arrived yet) for £469. I wanted a quality video camera to replace a great old Sony DV Cam I had sold and thought that a nice stills photography camera would be a bonus as I had become very disillusioned with my photography.

I have been struggling with a Canon D50 for a few years, I have been on courses, read everything on the Internet - yes the entire Internet, but my pictures were horrible! I have an old Canon 350D and the pictures I have taken on that were OK. I supposed that I was just a rubbish photographer. So, I sold the D50 and bought the Panasonic. Wow, the first few snaps I shot were so much better than anything I shot on the old camera, just using the Intelligent Auto and the kit lens, blimey! The video quality BTW is stunning and surprisingly the inbuilt mic is pretty good - I use a Zoom H1 for sound, but for most purposes the onboard sound is acceptable.

Thanks to the posts I read on this forum I have now bought a couple of adaptors and some old lenses on Ebay and am playing with them, photography is fun again! I will post some of my pictures taken with these lenses as I found the example posts for various lenses really helpful, maybe some pictures taken by a blundering amateur like me will be helpful for those less talented folks!

Cheers everyone

Simon

• Like Like x 5
  2. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    Enjoy! Lovely bit of the country to be based in too, look forward to seeing some of Dorset here :)

3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Hi! Really nice camera, the G6.

4. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler Subscribing Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Welcome Simon, I too am an 'enthusiastic amateur'. :wink:

I have both the G2 and the G5 plus a ton of legacy glass and adapters - it cheers me considerably when I take them for a walk...