Review JJC 60 led macro ring light

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
That is a good idea. It should be easy to cut out something to fit and tape on. I’ll try and find something suitable.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
I also highly recommend Eneloops AA's because it sucks up batteries. They also won't leak or crap out sitting around. My light sits unused for literally years and fires right up with full power. Amazing. Besides the four individual battery trays are fiddly to manipulate.
I agree about Eneloops. I see a lot of comparisons with other NIMH batteries, with some reviewers saying that Eneloops are all hype and that they are no better than others (or even not as good). However, I have used a lot of brands and have found that they often stop taking a charge after awhile (even less than a year, in some cases). Sometimes you can "refresh" them if your charger will do that, but once they stop charging properly, you are essentially screwed, I think. I have NEVER had an Eneloop fail like this - they keep charging properly for at least a few years and hold their charge for a long time too. Concerning the non-leaking, I have read that that is a function of them being NIMH batteries - i.e. NIMHs don't leak, period (which is a BIG advantage over alkalines, of course).

MadMarco

Mu-43 Veteran
I agree about Eneloops. I see a lot of comparisons with other NIMH batteries, with some reviewers saying that Eneloops are all hype and that they are no better than others (or even not as good). However, I have used a lot of brands and have found that they often stop taking a charge after awhile (even less than a year, in some cases). Sometimes you can "refresh" them if your charger will do that, but once they stop charging properly, you are essentially screwed, I think. I have NEVER had an Eneloop fail like this - they keep charging properly for at least a few years and hold their charge for a long time too. Concerning the non-leaking, I have read that that is a function of them being NIMH batteries - i.e. NIMHs don't leak, period (which is a BIG advantage over alkalines, of course).
Same experience here. Eneloops might not have the headline capacity rating of some rechargeables, but they hold the capacity after years of use. I've got some Eneloop AAs from 2007 that are still holding a good charge.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I dunno about leaking.
I had a few that had whitish "stuff" on the ends like a leaking battery.
Dunno what it was, but it went into the battery trash bag.

RAH

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Rich
I dunno about leaking.
I had a few that had whitish "stuff" on the ends like a leaking battery.
Dunno what it was, but it went into the battery trash bag.
I've never had that happen, and I did do a lot of searching on the internet on topics like "nimh leaking" and the general feeling seemed to be that they don't leak. But, yeah, I guess it is possible (i.e. don't believe everything you read ( or ANYTHING you read on the internet). I agree that I'd can anything with a powder on it! But wait - it you put some lube on them and really push them in... :biggrin:

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've never had that happen, and I did do a lot of searching on the internet on topics like "nimh leaking" and the general feeling seemed to be that they don't leak. But, yeah, I guess it is possible (i.e. don't believe everything you read ( or ANYTHING you read on the internet). I agree that I'd can anything with a powder on it! But wait - it you put some lube on them and really push them in... :biggrin:

Unlike a Lithium battery, I've not seen a NiCd or NiMH swell. Not to say that they won't. They have a vent, so the overcharge gas or "stuff" comes out the vent.
The Lithium batteries are sealed, which is why they swell. There is no vent for the overcharg gas to vent out.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
A downside to having 60 leds... View attachment 913518 weird reflections ruin your pic. Not so bad if you’re not to close... View attachment 913516 Nasturtiums in my garden. View attachment 913517 Asparagus.
I’m going to have to watch out for this, I take pics of raindrop and dew covered things frequently.
I have discovered an easy fix for the problematic switch. All that is needed is a gentle squeeze between thumb and index, and it lights up without fail.

I like the reflections.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom