1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

JCC Autocap on Panasonic 12-32mm

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by previz, Apr 15, 2015.

1. previz

previz Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 8, 2011
    Slovenia
    Peter
    I wanted to show you that JCC autocap for Olympus 14-42 EZ fits my Panny.
    Observations:
    -fits perfectly
    -a bit stiff to lock the lens
    -looks cool on silver

autocap1. autocap2. autocap3. autocap4. autocap5. autocap6.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rwisem

rwisem Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2012
    Sequim, Washington, USA
    Roger Wiseman
    Very interesting. I would not have guessed this would fit on the Panny 12-32. I like the looks much better than the JJC for the 12-32. I use that lens on my Olympus cameras and I think I will get this!

3. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I like JJC ALC-P1232 as it allows to use filters (CPL in my case)

[​IMG]

4. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    Great information. I was looking for something like that a while back and couldn't find anything. I use my GM1 for mountain biking and other activities where it's really inconvenient to deal with a loose lens cap. Thanks for posting!

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I didn't realised there was a difference between the JJC lens cap for the pana 12-32 and the oly 14-42 . I almost purchased the lens cap for the 12-32. So looking at the differences between the two, the 14-42 looks smaller in profile. While the 12-32 is larger but allows you to fit a filter on? I think the 14-42 looks better when opened vs the 12-32 lens cap.

6. urcindalo

urcindalo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2012
    Almería, Spain
    Does this cap produce any vignetting?

7. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    No.

8. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Do these caps put wear and tear on your lenses? The one JJC that pushes through, won't the constantly rubbing wear off some of the finish. Also with the other one, the two little pins repeatedly contacting the lens housing. Of the two though, I like the 14-42mm more the 12-32mm one.

9. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would probably rather just leave a UV filter on the lens all the time and forget the lens cap.

10. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I haven't noticed any wear yet, though I won't sweat about it - it's nice lens for just $200 that goes hiking, skiing, etc.

11. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    That's a great idea. I don't use filters at all and didn't think of it. The cap is one of my big issues. The 12-32mm is so small it begs to be used in lieu of my RX100, but in practice it requires two hands to operate. Fiddling with the cap makes it even more ponderous.

12. berni29

berni29 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Hi

I have the Olympus version on my 12-32 and in standard form it does vignette at 12mm. The JJC one looks pretty much identical, so I guess it will as well.

All the best

Berni

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  13. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks for the info. Could you post an example so we can the amount of vignetting

14. ohaya

ohaya Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2016
    I just got one of the JJC ALC-P1232 for Panasonic Lumix Vario 12-32 and was wondering if, for installation, you ONLY push the auto lens cap onto the "ribbed" ring of the lens? It seems very tight, and I'm worried that it might damage that ribbed area?

Thanks,
    Jim