1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

JCB Graveyard - GF1 20mm

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by cstevens, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Today, finally after 2 previous failed attempts did I find the secret JCB graveyard.

It was a flying visit and I only managed to cover 1 "Runway" (the site is set on a former RAF base and is the final resting place of thousands of heavy plant machinery, I plan to revisit to find the military bits on the site, today I only managed to document a very sorry Green Godess.

Full set of images here - http://www.cm-photos.co.uk/events/jcb/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlairMacKay

BlairMacKay Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Calgary, Alberta
    Very cool, I love old military equipment. Nice shots, and I look forward to you going back there!

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    poignant, a sadness permeates wreckage and ruins , these shots have that going on

4. lggomez

lggomez Mu-43 Regular

Nice pics. But there is one thing that baffles me, and that is why some of the old tires still inflated? Amazing! My car and motorcycle tires they loose air just standing still...

• Like Like x 1
  5. cstevens

cstevens Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 11, 2010
    UK
    Very good point about the tyres, does seem strange that they are still inflated, looking at the green godess the fronts where the weight is going to be are flat, but the rears still look ok.