Showcase JC Penny FD mount 28mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by billy_pilgrim, Jul 29, 2011.

1. billy_pilgrim

billy_pilgrim Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    I got this lens from forum member qball. Here's some pics from my first day out shooting with it on my E-PL2.

And here's a camera phone snap of the lens on the camera.

Overall I'm fairly pleased! I'm not the sort to shoot charts but I like the pictures I managed to get, and they contained a reasonable ratio of keepers compared to what I usually do. The lens is labelled as multicoated (also as made in Japan) but lens flare was a still bit of an issue. It looked interesting enough that it could probably be exploited for some creative possibilities. The lens is incredibly heavy compared to the camera or any of my other lenses, including some other adapted FD lenses. The focal length on m4/3rds is 56mm which is just slightly telephoto. I found it fairly usable but I did want it to be wider a few times, like when shooting the fallen tree. Alas, it was the only lens I had on me. Still it was lots of fun to shoot! Don't neglect those cheap old lenses, they deserve love too!
    • Like Like x 5
  2. lanx0003

lanx0003 New to Mu-43

Feb 14, 2012
    Happy camper

I agree! Mine is MD mount. The left/right extreme borders maybe have some issue but exceed my expectation for its price. Center is pretty sharp when one stops down to f4.
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    It produces very natural looking colors, nice shots.
  4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Yes, another demonstration that you don't need a lens that tops the test charts to make very good, very appealing pictures.

Nice shots. I especially like the first one.