JBs Grip-base for E-M5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GRID, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    Just got my JBs grip-base for my E-M5.
    Here´s some images.

I really like how light it is, and the feel on the suface.
    You can see that it´s handmade, and the price was very nice compared to all
    other grips i´ve seen, $59.90 with shipping to sweden.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Thanks for the photos! Can't wait to get mine, very reasonably priced and having the battery door section empty is nice too.
  3. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy
    I found it, Thank you!
  4. Kshiz

Kshiz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 8, 2011
    Is it solid? Or does the grip have some give to it?
  5. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    It can move maybe 1mm if you push it hard, it feels solid when you use the camera.
  6. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 20, 2012
    Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
    That's my concern too. You wouldn't want it to break through at the base (around the battery door) while supporting a heavier lens.
  7. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I guess that´s one reason for the bottom to be extra high. (it gives a better grip also)
  8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Hot diggity mine arrived today, and I like! I do miss having an actual shutter (will take some getting used to, only because I did have the original grip until recently), but in all other respects it is a perfect replacement for the original oly half grip! Thank you JBs for making a reasonably priced and well thought-out grip option.

9. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    How will it fit on en e-PM2? I desperately want to make mine easier to hold!!
  10. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I´m thinking it wont fit at all, there´s a small pin holding it in place, and the shape is made after the OM-D.
  11. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    I was out a few hours with my Canon 300mm F2.8 L today, and it´s quite heavy,
    Quite cold winterday also, -8 celcius, and there´s no problem with the grip at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. kick.push

kick.push New to Mu-43

Nov 26, 2012
    just got the grip. its awesome. luv it. makes the grip of the OM-D soo much better
  13. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    What is it made out of? Is it some kind of grippy plastic/rubber combo, or cold, hard metal?
  14. kick.push

kick.push New to Mu-43

Nov 26, 2012
    its made of plastic. no rubber or metal. but it feels very solid. also.. it looks really nice on a black body!!
  15. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Ordered mine a few days ago. I'm pretty sure it will work nicely with my new 100-300mm Lumix lens... :biggrin:
  16. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010

what is the weight of the grip ?

I am thinking of doing my next 2 weeks hike with em5+12-60, if the weight is low i am tempted by this grip.
  17. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    2 oz, per the manufacturer's web site. I put one of these on my Christmas list, so either Santa will deliver one in a few days or I'll be ordering my own on the 26th...
    • Like Like x 1
  18. duvinclunk

duvinclunk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 21, 2012
    Just 'pre-ordered' one as they said they're out of stock. Says shipping the 28th. I was going to go with the Oly grip, which I may get as well, but figured this was cheap enough to 'try' and then if I don't like I won't be out that much. Excited to get it!
  19. RichardR

RichardR New to Mu-43

Oct 23, 2010
    That would be my concern too. The Olympus grip has the shutter release on the grip, which falls to hand perfectly. This one looks like it would be a bit awkward to use, with your other three fingers pushed further forward on the grip. I'd be interested to know how you find it in use, after using the Olympus grip.