1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

JB Designs GX85 Grip Available

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by agentlossing, Jun 21, 2016.

1. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I don't own any of this guy's grips (yet) but I've always liked them. A little while back I inquired whether they planned to make one for the GX85 and they confirmed they were. These are all handmade and while they look to add considerably to the overall size (sometimes that's nice) they do use very cool materials.

https://www.amazon.com/J-B-Camera-D...id=1466539726&sr=8-2&keywords=jb+designs+gx80

I will probably get one, whereupon I will definitely post impressions. But in case anyone was desperate for a grip, well here is one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    "Turn your GX85 into a GX8!"

Joking aside, they look quite nice

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. agentlossing

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Right - sometimes I appreciate chunkiness in a camera when I'm not out and about in the street or in the woods. I like the option to have a GX8 or a GX85 depending on my whims ;)

They are a bit expensive, until you consider how handmade they are. I'd have bought the GM5 grip they make in a heartbeat, but they only offer it in black, and my GM5 is silver and green :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Got mine yesterday, fantastic quality. The peruvian walnut model is so sexy on the black GX80. Grip is really great, it feels like a new camera, the shutter release is not ideal placed though and the grip part could be slightly longer maybe and it adds a little weight to the otherwise almost weightless bottom part. It cost a little to get it to sweden but I think it might have been worth it, the grip is very nice and as good gripwise as the iShoot I have on my E-M5, that one is heavier also.

29003190512_87408fd00c_b.
    J.B. Grip for GX80
    by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Almost think I would like the bamboo version stained dark. Something about the grain and feel of bamboo I like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. agentlossing

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I waver between bamboo and hardwood, they both look great in my opinion. I need to buckle down and buy one!