Jazz gig

Real Name
Chris
My main passion in life is music, and over the last 20 years or so I consider jazz and all it's variants to be my favourite genre.
I went to a gig here in a small venue in Brisbane where this quartet of renowned Australasian (Australia and New Zealand) musicians showcased the superb album (This World) they released late last year. Not a regular quartet and un-named, but most have played together over the years.
Mike Nock -piano
Julien Wilson - sax
Jonathan Swartz -bass
Hamish Stuart - drums
The venue was small and I was in the second row, so most of my shots were over the shoulders of people in front. Took along my EM1 MKII with Oly 45mm 1.2 and the Oly 75mm 1.8.
It was fun and I hope to do more indoor gig stuff again. I asked the manager could I take photos pre gig, and he asked the band who had no problem either. No flash of course. :)
Anyway, a couple that I liked.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Mike Nock...I remember when he was in the USA in the band The Fourth Way.

Those images look really clean for those ISOs. Are these post-processed? What sort of noise reduction do you use?

Real Name
Chris
Mike Nock...I remember when he was in the USA in the band The Fourth Way.

Those images look really clean for those ISOs. Are these post-processed? What sort of noise reduction do you use?
Very light edit in Lightroom, before using DXO Photolab 3 and its noise reduction function.
I intended to use Topaz DeNoize AI on them all, but I only used it on the first picture.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom