Japanese Pen-F magazine.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by monchan, Jul 13, 2016.

1. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    Going through the bookstore the otherday I found this mag.
    オリンパス PEN-F WORLD (日本カメラMOOK) | | 本-通販 | Amazon.co.jp

I wish there was something like it in English. It`s not a guide as such, but has lots of hints
    on set ups, lens combos, it has articles from various pro-photographers and work they have done with it. It`s just full of good stuff. explanations on how to use a lot of the featuresof the camera.
    Even though it`s in Japanese I could make some of it out. When I got my EM-5 mk1 I got the guide for that, thought it was crap, boring.
    But if guides were made like this mag I`d be all over it.
    You can find mags like this for any major new camera at any time.

I`m gonna pick it up, but won`t ask my wife to read any of it for me.
    She thinks my new pen f is a used camera. (EM-5 all but died)
    Do any such publications exist in english? probably not.
  2. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    If you find one in english please post a link in the forum.
  3. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    Not likely gonna happen with one of these Japanese mags. I guess it wont be too long before
    someone puts out some kind of book in english.

The guides over here are done in a really good way. Not just camera books, mags or guides.
    The travel books are just so good. I never look at a lonely planet book if I go traveling,
    they just put me to sleep. I always go to the library and check out the travel guides are so good.
    color, full of maps, full of popular and not well known places restaurants or things to do. I always wish the
    guides over here were in English.

I had the EM-5 guide book by David busch. Found it as useful as a fart in a quiet church.
    Never get one of his books again.