1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Japanese grape picking

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Gakuranman, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Gakuranman

Gakuranman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Japan
    Just a light-hearted post with some shots I took the other day picking grapes in Japan. All taken with the 20mm f1.7 while being bitten by countless mosquitoes.

Would love to hear thoughts on the photos - even minor criticism is useful in hearing what other people would have done to bring out the best in the images.

Full write-up is here for anyone interested :).

Grape Picking on a Hot Summer’s Day | Gakuranman.com - illuminating Japan

• Like Like x 2
  2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Love the colours. Such a total departure from your trip to Gunkanjima though... :p

3. Gakuranman

Gakuranman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Japan
    Haha. I'm flattered people remember. Yes, I do lead a normal life too when I'm not exploring deserted ghost islands :p.

4. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    What can we say? It was as memorable to look at and live vicariously as it likely was for you to walk through in real life. I sent that link to several camera enthusiast friends and they were all mouths agape. :2thumbs:

5. Gakuranman

Gakuranman Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Japan
    I'd always dreamed of getting that reaction, especially when I'm still learning so much about photography myself. I suppose the subject matter made for awesome photos regardless of the photographer though! :p

6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Battleship Island!

Never mind the grapes : I'm sure they're nice and juicy,
    but this post linked me to your blog and the adventures in Battleship Island, Maya hotel, shrine in the cliff.
    Excellent stuff!

Thanks for posting all of that ... I suppose your photos are nice too. :smile:

:2thumbs: