Japanese Garden

Discussion in 'Nature' started by peterpix, Nov 13, 2010.

1. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    A birthday visit to the Portland, Oregon, Japanese garden after a soft rain. The slightly overcast day enhanced the fall colors. EP2 with 9-18 and 14-150.

• Like Like x 14
  2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    My oh my these are gorgeous Pics each one so well composed
    And show this Japanese Garden beautifully :smile::2thumbs:

3. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    peterpix,
    great shots, made me wish been there.

4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Wonderful, wonderful composition.

After a few hours I came back to view these again, and decided to add to my comments:

Peterpix, these are very well made photographs. Good for you.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Top work.

6. ricseet

ricseet Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 20, 2010
    Singapore
    Great stuff! Lovely composition.

ric

7. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    thanks

Positive statements much appreciated! This site is nurturing irregardless of how long you have been photographing. I have mixed emotions about m43 since I have been using a 5D MKII and it's quality is well known. This garden images look pretty good under the Aperture loupe so I am looking forward to making some prints when I get home. Have not made many prints with the EP2, mostly just reviewed on laptop. Like many others on this site, I'm finding it difficult to lug around the DSLR, mostly I use it with the 24-105 and leave 6 other lenses in the car or back home. I have been using it to make a short film so I can't give it up yet, but I am looking forward to the GH2 and whether or not I can do the video work I want to try with it.

Once again many thanks for the nice comments.

8. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I am in a similar boat. Although I make photos of many different things, I especially enjoy landscapes. This is where my 5D excels, especially with good glass. For me the final test is prints - up to 16x20. I suspect that there are times where the DR limits of M43 might be an issue. But generally it seems that if I apply good shot discipline (tripod, good exposure etc.) then my M43 can deliver really good quality.

As a carry around photography weapon there is no comparison - I reach for my GF1 most of the time.

9. JCD

JCD Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Palermo, Italy
    nice shots and great colors!