1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Japandroids with Voigtlander 25mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Chrisnmn, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Hey guys,

first of, i would like to do a shameless self promotion plug, but i finally uploaded my website and blog so please go check it out at Chris Leskovsek Photo and let me know what you guys think!.

Now onto the topic,

On saturday i had to go shoot Canadian Punk/Rock duo Japandroids for a local magazine-website. I have never seen em live before, but it was a great chance to test and try my new lens, the Voigtlander 25mm f0.95.

So i was going to shoot "action" with a Manual focus lens, on a camera that doesnt have focus peaking (OMD), in low light...yup! :2thumbs: isnt this all about having fun?

I gotta say im totally in love with this lens. It has "character" all that "3d" bla bla bla crap everyone talks about and brings some full frame dof-ness into micro four thirds!. Also the built quality is simply the best built piece of glass for this format. maybe par on par with the O75. is just metal and glass. no plastic whatsoever. Its cold and heavy. but not big. Is "longer" than my p25 but "thinner" than my P25, does it make sense?.

anyway,

here are some images from that night!.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, go check the some other images on my blog Japandroids — Chris Leskovsek Photo let me know what you guys think!

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    congrats on the website. Is it for commercial purposes, to display your images to prospective clients?

3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    No, not really, just for personal purposes, if some business comes around id be happy of course, just did it as i believe that having a portfolio helps me to keep my projects organized, and simply never had a proper photo portfolio and-or blog to write about my photography. and this is it. my blog will be more like a "thinking out loud" of my personal trips, shoots, projects, etc. its definitely not a gear head review website. :2thumbs:

4. Dduval

Dduval Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    Nice website Chris. Love the simple layout...

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Nice stuff Chris, first 2 in particular.

6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Thanks Dana!, im glad you liked the website, now is time to populate that blog! cheers! :drinks:

Cheers Joe! you should give a serious look to that voigtlander! :drinks:

7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Mate, it's a lens that I've been interested in from day 1, I've always loved the images I've seen from it that's for sure, I'm just not convinced that I want to pair it with a non focus-peaking EM5...so I'll be keeping an eye on how you go with it longer term since I know you shoot with the same camera. I know there is a workaround focus-peaking trick but I'm not sure how effective it really is and with having spent a fair bit on the GR, the RX1 and the 35-100 I'm not looking to replace the EM5 just for the focus peaking feature. Keeping my powder dry for the Nocticron f1.2 anyways.

Ill be keeping a close eye on your reports.