1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Jacobs UK - Focus on Imaging Offer - Anyone received any of the promised goods?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by klarity, Jun 28, 2012.

1. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    I signed up for the OMD EM5 pre-order at Focus on Imaging 2012 as I'm sure did many others. The flyer from Jacobs was very attractive and when they offered me the camera in late April I was happy to part with my cash. I signed up for the Battery Carrier and Grip offer with Olympus and got that too. However, the attractive proposition that pulled me in to the pre-order was an additional soft case, battery and wrist strap. This is clearly itemised on the flyer and has the value "saved" marked against it. I asked when I could expect these before I purchased and was told that it was imminent and as soon as Oly supplied them. I've chased them weekly since the last week in April to no avail. This has of course been compounded by Jacobs going into Administration half way through the period. I received an email inviting them to the closing down sale today!

Olympus are quite clear on this - it is Jacobs responsibility to supply. Jacobs also acknowledge this.

Has anyone on here received any of these "extras" from Jacobs and if not has anyone sought compensation?

2. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi. I didnt know Jacobs had gone into administration - that's news to me. I have been waiting for my extras pack and got no reply to an email I sent a couple of days ago after getting fed p waiting and being fobbed off on a previous enquiry.
    Looks like we will all lose out !!

3. CUB

CUB Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 19, 2012
    I think it has gone further than that. The Administrator company has closed all Jacobs stores except the flagship store in Leicester from where a clearance sale of remaining stock has been organised.

The Administrator was hoping to sell Jacobs as a going concern but apparently the only interested party (Calumet) pulled out last week. Unless another rescue is mounted quickly, which seems unlikely, it looks like Jacobs' administration has sadly become liquidation.

Anyone who paid for goods with a credit card issued by a bank or other financial house in the UK and hasn't received them can obtain a refund from the card issuer. Otherwise, they should register as a creditor.

4. klarity

klarity Mu-43 Regular

May 8, 2012
    I received this from Jacobs today:

" Thank you for contacting Jacobs Mail Order
    We have supplied Olympus a list of customers who are awaiting the free goods.
    Although we have the stock we can only send out if paid for.
    As this is a free promotion Olympus were running they will be dealing from their end."

I've bounced this on to Olympus but no response so far.