I've accepeted an offer on all my Nikon Stuff.....

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by D7k1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Will order the 100-400 soon. What I have to decided is what camera to get next - a second GX8 or either a em-1 II or Gh5. Right now I am leaning toward the Gx8 but having the Gx8 and the EP5 I have sometime to decide.

After 45 years of having a Nikon in the house it does feel a little strange, but times have changed and the small size of the Pany 100-400 teamed with the 7.5 FE and 12-35mm makes for a great system. I kept my Tamron 90 (may sell it and get an Oly 60) and feel that it is an amazing adapted lens for macro as well as a 77mm canon 500D to use on the 100-400 for closeup stuff.

I guess I can say I'm all in for m43 now....
    • Like Like x 6
  2. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    Went the same route about 4 yrs ago and sold all my Pentax gear that produced income. I'm retired and now have 3 M43 cameras for most of my use and a couple "specialty" cameras. Never regretted the switch and enjoy the more convenient size.
  3. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Nikon covert here too, sold all my gear 11/2 years ago. Very pleased with m4/3rds and the pro glass. Just pre-ordered the Oly 300 f4, so I'm definitely all in now!
  4. Mattyh

Mattyh Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    This last month I've sold 90% of my Pentax gear, have been running the 2 systems side by side for some time but was finding I was leaving my Pentax(K-3) at home more and more, so put the money towards a GX8 with the plan just to use small primes.

To be honest, I'm not a Pro or a tourist so no longer need a huge camera with a huge lens swinging from my neck. From now on I'm going to keep it simple just like I did when film ruled.
  5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Well, having moved from a GX7 to a M5II, I can tell you two things, that may pertain to your GX8/E-M1II decision :
    • The differences between what they offer complement each other, and that is a good thing
    • The differences between the UI's and control systems is huge, and that is not a good thing
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    My experience exactly. For some period of time I carried both the GX7 and an Oly E-M10 (and E-M10 II) and shot them side by side. Eventually, I came to prefer the UI of the Olympus (and the menu structure/options) so I moved from the Panny/Oly mix to 2 E-M5 II's, and sometimes an E-PL7.

I still keep a number of my Panasonic lenses, however, and am looking forward to the replacing my P100-300 with the new P100-400.
  7. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    It was using 4 cameras that got to me. I've been using the EP5 for 2 years and have the pretty much gotten the Gx8 down for most of the stuff I do. I'll mostly likely go Gx8 as so far I love the camera and just want to image not be equipment focused , pun intended. My biggest choices now are do I trade my Tamron for an Oly in the macro department and do (later this year) I get the 7-14 f4 (used here).
  8. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    You did it :) :thumbup:
    I would definitely trade the Tamron for the Oly 60. I have had both the Tamron 90 and the Nikon 105 and the Oly 60 is every bit as good. Plus you get a lighter/smaller lens and autofocus
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    You do loose on some working distance though, for me it hasn't been a big issue but that would depend on individual usage. Also lenses that have mechanical manual focus are a little nicer in some macro applications. However all in all I have owned the same lens and agree with Morten.
  10. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    I havent convinced myself yet to sell my nikon gear, but seeing all the amazing images here is convincing me lol. I have a few things left to experiment with and some gear to get as I can, but it will probably happen
  11. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    It all definitely has it's pluses and minuses, but I can get great 16x20's with M4/3rds and that's all I need.