1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I've accepeted an offer on all my Nikon Stuff.....

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by D7k1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Will order the 100-400 soon. What I have to decided is what camera to get next - a second GX8 or either a em-1 II or Gh5. Right now I am leaning toward the Gx8 but having the Gx8 and the EP5 I have sometime to decide.

After 45 years of having a Nikon in the house it does feel a little strange, but times have changed and the small size of the Pany 100-400 teamed with the 7.5 FE and 12-35mm makes for a great system. I kept my Tamron 90 (may sell it and get an Oly 60) and feel that it is an amazing adapted lens for macro as well as a 77mm canon 500D to use on the 100-400 for closeup stuff.

I guess I can say I'm all in for m43 now....

• Like Like x 6
  2. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    Went the same route about 4 yrs ago and sold all my Pentax gear that produced income. I'm retired and now have 3 M43 cameras for most of my use and a couple "specialty" cameras. Never regretted the switch and enjoy the more convenient size.

3. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Nikon covert here too, sold all my gear 11/2 years ago. Very pleased with m4/3rds and the pro glass. Just pre-ordered the Oly 300 f4, so I'm definitely all in now!

4. Mattyh

Mattyh Mu-43 Regular

Dec 14, 2013
    UK
    This last month I've sold 90% of my Pentax gear, have been running the 2 systems side by side for some time but was finding I was leaving my Pentax(K-3) at home more and more, so put the money towards a GX8 with the plan just to use small primes.

To be honest, I'm not a Pro or a tourist so no longer need a huge camera with a huge lens swinging from my neck. From now on I'm going to keep it simple just like I did when film ruled.

5. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Well, having moved from a GX7 to a M5II, I can tell you two things, that may pertain to your GX8/E-M1II decision :
    • The differences between what they offer complement each other, and that is a good thing
    • The differences between the UI's and control systems is huge, and that is not a good thing

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    My experience exactly. For some period of time I carried both the GX7 and an Oly E-M10 (and E-M10 II) and shot them side by side. Eventually, I came to prefer the UI of the Olympus (and the menu structure/options) so I moved from the Panny/Oly mix to 2 E-M5 II's, and sometimes an E-PL7.

I still keep a number of my Panasonic lenses, however, and am looking forward to the replacing my P100-300 with the new P100-400.

7. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    It was using 4 cameras that got to me. I've been using the EP5 for 2 years and have the pretty much gotten the Gx8 down for most of the stuff I do. I'll mostly likely go Gx8 as so far I love the camera and just want to image not be equipment focused , pun intended. My biggest choices now are do I trade my Tamron for an Oly in the macro department and do (later this year) I get the 7-14 f4 (used here).

8. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    Denmark
    Morten
    You did it :) :thumbup:
    I would definitely trade the Tamron for the Oly 60. I have had both the Tamron 90 and the Nikon 105 and the Oly 60 is every bit as good. Plus you get a lighter/smaller lens and autofocus

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    You do loose on some working distance though, for me it hasn't been a big issue but that would depend on individual usage. Also lenses that have mechanical manual focus are a little nicer in some macro applications. However all in all I have owned the same lens and agree with Morten.

10. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Brandon
    I havent convinced myself yet to sell my nikon gear, but seeing all the amazing images here is convincing me lol. I have a few things left to experiment with and some gear to get as I can, but it will probably happen

11. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    It all definitely has it's pluses and minuses, but I can get great 16x20's with M4/3rds and that's all I need.