It's the strangest thing . . .

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
But I seem to have far more REAR lens caps than I do front lens caps, and more than I have lenses. I can't imagine how this happened. Do you have an unexplained surplus of something?

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
But I seem to have far more REAR lens caps than I do front lens caps, and more than I have lenses.
I've bought aftermarket rear lens caps for a couple of reasons; I'm a little worried that I may have to break down what I'm carrying to the individual components (body without a lens attached and all lenses with their own front and rear caps), and a lot of the aftermarket rear caps are a little taller so allow a better grip for removing from the lens using just fingertips (hold the lens in my palm and use fingers from the same hand to spin the rear cap off when changing lenses).
I've also bought a couple of spare Olympus TC front caps and keep them in my bags in case I lose a TC front cap and so I can use them as body caps if I have to store the body I'm using by itself.

WT21

Super Moderator
I have a number of rear caps from legacy lenses - pk mount (pentax??), maybe rokkor? OM? m42. I think it's because I buy these lenses and a cheap m43 adapter, and then when I sell the lens, I sell it with the adapter mounted with an Bay special m43 rear cap, and I forget I have the legacy cap in a drawer.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom