1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

It's Raining... (again)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by beanedsprout, Apr 11, 2014.

1. beanedsprout

beanedsprout Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    So I pulled this out because I still wasn't happy with it. The giant hole in the roof of the building, while looking cool, allowed a lot of light to get it. Regardless of the fact that it was cloudy and raining at the time, the sky was still blown out because of how dark it still was inside, and I had more important things to worry about than exposing for the clouds.

So now, after almost a year, I decided to edit it. Again. I found some clouds on Flickr in the Creative Commons and went to work. Took a couple hours, and I'm still probably editing it right now as we speak because I'm not really happy with it.

Anyway, here it is again, slightly new and definitely improved.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/29589525@N00/13775269374/player/" width="768" height="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

As always, CC is welcome. However, it's an old shot, before I knew how to use flash.

• Like Like x 9
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yup - I like this comp!

3. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Very nice, good composition but I'd crop or clone out out the red material at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  4. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Good call. I think I'll just desaturate it though first and see what it looks like.

EDIT: Didn't want to crop, and it looked weird in black and white and with a different hue, so I clone stamped more fence at the bottom, and took out a giant chunk.

5. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    That's better! No distractions now, good edit

6. beanedsprout

Apr 13, 2013
    north central Ohio
    Just got word this is gonna be featured for Flickr Friday on Small Camera Big Picture!