It's official...I have GAS !! lol

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Minniesmum, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Decided a few days ago... NO MORE camera gear as big car bills coming up in 2 weeks. However I missed getting something on eBay last night by £1. :(  so felt a bit miffed. Today I visited a camera shop 15 miles away which sells second-hand on commission. Spotted a Canon FD 50mm f1.4...attached to a T70. They wouldn't split the pair but the price was ridiculously low. Lens is mint. So now I have a Canon 35mm cam body which I didn't really want but may put a roll of fim through.

I've so enjoyed the Canon FD f1.8 for the past week that I thought nought to lose on this one. Happy !

btw I already have a Zuiko 50mm f1.4 so am used to fast lenses ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 All-Pro

If you have a Zuiko 50mm f/1.4, then you wasted your money. There's no point in having multiple of the same lens, just different manufacturer. You would have done better just buying a used OM-series camera on ebay, especially with the T70, which hasn't really withstood the test of time. I don't think you gained anything, sorry. If anything sell either your Canon or your Olympus lens here.

3. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    I'll take your Zuiko 50mm off your hands :)  Its the only one I'm missing to complete a large OM legacy collection

4. chromatin64

chromatin64 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2012
    A Leekist in York, UK
    Russell
    Whereabouts MM?

5. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Darlington Photo Centre
    16 Post House Wynd
    Darlington
    DL3 7LU

• Like Like x 1
  6. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I've had the Zuiko for years which has been on an OM film body. This Canon was incredibly cheap and I couldn't pass it up. Will try it out and see how she goes ;) 

7. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    btw my GAS is on a limited budget ;)  one camera body the E-PL1 and so far have only bought 3 lenses for it. Other lenses I've had for years from my film days. Feeling quite happy with my GAS .

8. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    You can never have enough nice glass - I've got several lenses which cover the same range. They all render and feel different enough that I don't feel like I've wasted any money at all.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Thank you ! Totally agree. I also have a Minolta 50mm f1.4 but waiting for the adapter to arrive to be able to use it.

10. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I also have an addiction to fast fifties...
    Minolta rokkor 50 1.4
    Canon fd 50 1.8 & ssc 1.4
    Nikkor s 50 1.4
    Pentax supertak 55 1.7
    Pentax Smc takumar 50 1.4
    Pentax smc takumar macro 50 4
    Minolta rokkor 50 3.5
    Olympus 50 1.8 & 1.4
    Olympus 45 1.8
    I use them all, each having their own uniqueness be it handling, image, use, or AF
    I don't consider it a waste of money, as all where at most $75 and at least free( except the 45).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Sorry nope !! ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.