It's not a micro, but you have to see it, you will love it.

r8n

New to Mu-43
Most (all?) recent SLR style ILC have a very traditional film like camera layout. The E-M1's even have a mock film rewind crank with two buttons, along with the OM-1 style on/off switch. I always thought the Sony A-7 series would benefit extremely with a more E-1 left biased layout, their grip is so cramped.

By today’s standards, it’s slooooow and only 5 mp, and pretty noisy at higher ISO. (Beautiful images at base ISO)

But nobody who has ever held one of these beauties would poke fun at the design. Fits like a glove and is so solid you could use it as a club.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
When digital first started gaining ground, makers experimented with all sorts of shapes and layouts as they were no longer constrained by film placement.

However, it appears that the film cameras of the 1990s were ergonomically a very good model and layout.

Most of us have two hands, five fingers each and articulated wrists, plus one or two eyes. These factors place some natural limits on camera shapes.

FWIW, my E-M1 MkII is the most comfortable camera I have ever held or used.

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
I'm just glad nobody tried to make Kyocera Samurai into a digital camera... Remember for a while in the 80s and 90s, some film ZLRs were taking cues from video cameras and produced some bizarre results. Even Yashica jumped on the bandwagon and briefly offered right and left-handed models of their ZLR camera.

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Congrats on the E-1. I fairly recently brought home my third. The other two, (including the first one I bought new) long gone. IIRC, the E-1 with the 14-54 Mk1 was $1700 US in 2004 dollars. The Mk1 version of that lens is the one to have, IMO. the only issue is that the focusing ring tends to break down and get really gummy.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
And yes, finally I made it. I found it. The glorious Olympus E1, the one and only.
I love it, and so you have to :laugh:
IMO You're welcome to it. I'm not sure what the threatened repercussions for not loving it are, but I think I can avoid them. :whistling:

The look doesn't do anything for me & I have quite enough old cameras to play with.
Currently according to my database I don't have ANY Olympus cameras (I thought I had an old OM1).
There are a few of the newer models I'd like to have & I do have some great Olympus lenses (yet more on a long wish list).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom