1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

it's here - YoCam

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by longviewer, Jun 21, 2016.

1. longviewer

longviewer Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2015
    SW Washington (Longview area)
    Jim R
    The little submersible HD+ wifi YoCam arrived this afternoon. It will be interesting to give this a run-through to explore what it can do, and how easily it does them. Here's the scale of it, next to an ePL5.. shot with my crappy phone :p

upload_2016-6-21_18-19-1.
    Thus far I've hooked it to my phone and updated some firmware, and shot a very short video and photo. More from the makers at http://www.getyocam.com/en-index.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Richard
    Interesting. I hadn't heard about this camera before. I've been looking around for a small action camera that I could also use as a dash cam on my bicycle (or even in a rental car). I'd like to hear how it works for you, and especially how well the "Mosteady™ Stabilization" and "High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging" perform, and if it really does offer 2 hours battery life as claimed. Also, do you know if it does loop recording (I couldn't find anything on the getyocam.com website about this)?

Edit: A quick bit of Googling turned up this review that answers my last question, saying that YoCam includes "continuous capture and a looping video option."

3. longviewer

longviewer Mu-43 Regular

Oct 22, 2015
    SW Washington (Longview area)
    Jim R
    Yes I think it has 5 and 10 minute loop options. It can do slo.mo 720, fHD and 2.7k video. It's a wide f2 lens so (no surprise) some high CA in bright tests.