1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

It's Here and Then, It's NOT Here

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CWRailman, Jun 11, 2015.

1. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I attempted to fire up the 6 day old E-M10 today and it did not want to respond. Actually it lite up for a second or two then shut off. I tried everything including a freshly charged battery, different SD card, different lens, without the lens, without the SD card. I finally stopped when I got to the standing on one foot technique, packed the camera up and returned it to Best Buy where I had picked it up last Friday. I demonstrated to them what was happening and explained what I had done to attempt a fix and they gave me no problem about ordering another one in. It should be here next Wednesday. That puts me back with one of the Pentax cameras for now and no real reason to not do my chores. Bummer……

2. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Sorry to hear your E-M10 bit the dust. There are some great deals on the E-M5 right now. I just picked up a kit with the 14-42 II R lens for $499.00 through B&H, and it is the Elite model. I know it is not "the latest and greatest" but it is still a quality photographic instrument that will provide lots of joy.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    The replacement E-M10 arrived yesterday and after inserting one of the Wasabi batteries and spending about a half hour configuring it to my preferences I was good to go. Here is a shot I took, which was originally a horizontal format and now cropped down to a vertical format, of Lucky the dog I was dog sitting for a few days. Good to have the E-M10 back. Unfortunately we are again expecting temperature over 110 degrees out so there will not be any outdoor shooting today. It was 112 degrees out and the sun was quite harsh when I took this photo and she did not sit still for very long.
    Lucky 007ba.

4. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    It was 114F yesterday according to NPR - matching a record previously set in 1896. Yup. I'm hibernating for the rest of the summer.

Good to see you have a functional camera that you probably can't use very often outside till September.