It's all about the grip

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Danny_SWE, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Just wanted to show some different grips I have. I think it's a good concept with not too big body and then add a grip when you want it. Rather than always carry around a large body :)

29082220286_b54526c551_b.
    Four grips
    by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Panasonic GX80 with JB Camera Designs Grip. The original grip is ok, but with larger lenses the handling gets better with a beefier grip like this.

Olympus E-M5 with iShoot grip. The original grip is not so good, this might be overkill but it is a fantastic grip besides the weight.

Panasonic GM1 with Nikon DSLR rubber grip. The original grip is not too good, this piece from D200 I think (?) makes it much better. Should be stock.

Olympus XZ-1 with Flipbac G2. The original grip is not ok I think. Had tried some various here, I ordered some different for this and the GM1 and ended with this one. Makes it very good.

(shot with my G7XII which have great original grip I think)

• Like Like x 2
  2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Agreed! I've got the Panasonic grip for the GM5 and am planning on adding the JB grip for the GX85. When I had the EM10 I used the Olympus grip for that. They're not necessary all the time but the flexibility is great.