It's all about the grip

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Danny_SWE, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Just wanted to show some different grips I have. I think it's a good concept with not too big body and then add a grip when you want it. Rather than always carry around a large body :)

29082220286_b54526c551_b.
    Four grips
    by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

Panasonic GX80 with JB Camera Designs Grip. The original grip is ok, but with larger lenses the handling gets better with a beefier grip like this.

Olympus E-M5 with iShoot grip. The original grip is not so good, this might be overkill but it is a fantastic grip besides the weight.

Panasonic GM1 with Nikon DSLR rubber grip. The original grip is not too good, this piece from D200 I think (?) makes it much better. Should be stock.

Olympus XZ-1 with Flipbac G2. The original grip is not ok I think. Had tried some various here, I ordered some different for this and the GM1 and ended with this one. Makes it very good.

(shot with my G7XII which have great original grip I think)

• Like Like x 2
  2. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
  3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    Agreed! I've got the Panasonic grip for the GM5 and am planning on adding the JB grip for the GX85. When I had the EM10 I used the Olympus grip for that. They're not necessary all the time but the flexibility is great.