It Pays to Tidy

gracefruit

Mu-43 Regular
While cleaning out a drawer today, I found some old lenses:

A Takumar 35mm 1:2.3 (I think this is an M42 Mount)
A Pentax M 50mm 1:1.7 (K mount?)
A Takumar 55mm 1:2 (Again, I think it's an M42 Mount)
A Vivitar 'Automatic Tele Converter' (this has a screw mount, M42?)

Maybe this is a haul or maybe it's junk. None of these have lens caps, but most have been stored 'on camera' (I found two old Asahi Pentax bodies, too) or in a lens case. They seem to be in good shape.

Is it worth getting an adaptor? My manual skills are lacking, but maybe it's time to learn.

gracefruit

Mu-43 Regular
I've located one on Amazon. It's all very exciting! I hadn't really considered using older lenses, but it seems that once you know what you're doing, the possibilities are endless.

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
If it is Pentax and screw mount it is M42. Otherwise it is K mount in bayonet.

The Pentax-M 50/1.7 is a little gem. If you want a 50mm this one is well worth having. I have one myself that my daughter seems reluctant to give back.

The Takumar 35mm 1:2.3 is one I don't see too often and one I have not owned but it looks like it could be a fun one.

The Takumar 55mm 1:2 is also a nice lens. I owned one more years ago than I would like to recall.

Real Name
Nic
The screw mount adapters (C, ltm, m42) are the cheapest because all they need to do is cut a thread for the lens, not machine a bayonet mount. If you don't like the old lenses it won't be big money wasted.

gracefruit

Mu-43 Regular
I ended up on Ebay and found both the M42 and the K mounts from one seller for a fair decent price. Having only recently moved out of using iauto all of the time, I hope these 'new' lenses will help me learn.

Thanks so much to everyone for their input and help. Maybe one day I will know enough to help others this way.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom