It got a bit windy yesterday

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Here's a short piece of video I put together from yesterdays slightly windy day: https://vimeo.com/102292995 (just under 3 min). Our neighbour had three trees uprooted and the largest fell on his shed, leaving it worse for wear (it would have been totally crushed if the main trunk had hit it). I missed one moment when some of the trees were bent at almost 45 degrees. Just before the gusts would hit, we’d hear a nose in the distance like rolling thunder and then 10 or so seconds later the blast would come through. Today it's just freezing and snow down to 400m.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
Keep it all to yourselves.... It's trying desperately to snow here in Canberra with falls down to 700M, lucky my place is at 600 :) I do have a 30 minute motorbike ride home though :(

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
This is our neighbour's yard at the moment with, I think, five trees now down and at first I thought it had snowed, but it was just hail. However, the temperature is about 1C at the moment, so it could still snow.

trees.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Atom Ant

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Adam
I got off the train tonight to find the recent hail had left my station blanketed in white. Not just a little white - the hail was about 3 cm thick on my car. Around me people pulled out their phones to take pictures; unfortunately I had neglected to put a fresh battery in my Pen, so no images here.

Bif

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bruce Foreman
Here's a short piece of video I put together from yesterdays slightly windy day: https://vimeo.com/102292995 (just under 3 min)

What camera did you do that video with?

Drought had pretty much killed most of one of my backyard trees, and about a month or so ago we had some storms that blew a lot of the dead branches off and made a mess of my yard.

I had to have that tree trimmed down a lot.

But nothing like what you showed here in your video and still shot.

Bruce Foreman

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
What camera did you do that video with?

Drought had pretty much killed most of one of my backyard trees, and about a month or so ago we had some storms that blew a lot of the dead branches off and made a mess of my yard.

I had to have that tree trimmed down a lot.

But nothing like what you showed here in your video and still shot.

Bruce Foreman

That was shot with the E-M1 and 7-14mm (first part) and 14-35mm (second part). Vimeo makes the video a bit mushy (more so if HD isn't turned on), it's a lot better in the original format.

Our property is strewn with leaves and branches at the moment, so we're going to have a lot of mulching to do when the weather clears up.

Latest threads

Top Bottom