1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Issues with typing

Discussion in 'Site information' started by OzRay, Feb 15, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz

Is there something that needs to be done to make postingless frustrating? I have to type all responses in either Word or Notepad andthen copy and paste, as when I try and type directly, everything gets garbled.Letters simply go missing and I can’t get the cursor to move properly. When Icopy and paste, the text always gets mildly corrupted, where words jointogether. Getting rid of formatting doesn’t help. I also can’t highlight text with the cursor, amongst otherthings. Keyboard commands also don’t work. I’m using IE11 as my browser.

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I think the problem is somewhere at your end. Works fine in IE on an XP machine, on Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my macs.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Could be, just trying to work out how and why. I don't have this issue with any other forum.

4. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Have you tried another browser?

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Not at the moment, as I prefer to use IE; however, I think I may have found a solution. I disabled WYSIWYG editing and selected the other option and I'm not having those issues anymore. Keyboard controls work, I have full mouse control and no typing hesitation, garbling or errors.