Issues with typing

Discussion in 'Site information' started by OzRay, Feb 15, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz

Is there something that needs to be done to make postingless frustrating? I have to type all responses in either Word or Notepad andthen copy and paste, as when I try and type directly, everything gets garbled.Letters simply go missing and I can’t get the cursor to move properly. When Icopy and paste, the text always gets mildly corrupted, where words jointogether. Getting rid of formatting doesn’t help. I also can’t highlight text with the cursor, amongst otherthings. Keyboard commands also don’t work. I’m using IE11 as my browser.

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I think the problem is somewhere at your end. Works fine in IE on an XP machine, on Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my macs.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Could be, just trying to work out how and why. I don't have this issue with any other forum.

4. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Have you tried another browser?

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Not at the moment, as I prefer to use IE; however, I think I may have found a solution. I disabled WYSIWYG editing and selected the other option and I'm not having those issues anymore. Keyboard controls work, I have full mouse control and no typing hesitation, garbling or errors.