1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Issue with new Buy/Sell format

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by f8andbethere, Sep 28, 2012.

1. f8andbethere

f8andbethere Mu-43 Regular

Yesterday I posted a lens for sale and I saw that there is a new format. The fill in the blanks system is straightforward. However, today I wanted to reduce my asking price. While I was able to change the price in the body of the listing, the headline still has the original price. Is there a way to change the original Title? If not I see this as a problem. For anyone looking at my listing they could not tell from the title line that I have reduced my price thus lessening my chances of a successful sale.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes there are two ways to do this. I'll post them when I get off of work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Mu-43 App

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    The rules state you can change the title for 72 hours, so this may be part of why you have an issue, but by that rule if the listing lasts more than 72 hours you can't change the title. I would infer that this is so that you don't list the price in the title, hence I think you have caused yourself a problem by not simply just listing the price in the body(seems to be the practice of 90% of all listings). Hence placing price in title will cause issues more often than not.also states that mods will not change/modify, so again I think you set yourself up for a problem. Why not close the listing, and just follow the guidelines that are listed in the read before using thread.

4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    when you are editing your listing, click on the "Go Advanced" button below the space you are doing your editing. That should allow you to edit your title.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Grinch and Luke covered it. In the first 72 hours, you can click on Edit > Go Advanced and edit your title. After that you can mark the thread as "Completed" and start a new one.

6. f8andbethere

f8andbethere Mu-43 Regular

Thanks for the help. I wound up selling the lens on another forum, but I will bear this in mind in the future. My edit took place about 24 hours after the initial post.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The recent change in format put title in the price automatically without option to leave it out. I'm going to change that now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Amin
    Could I suggest that the member buy and sell and perhaps the found deals threads be separated into something like (US) and (UK and other)
    At the moment you have to open up the entries to find out if they are relevant to your own area
    It would be much easier to peruse the entries if hey were split in some way
    Obviously the greater number are US based which means that someone in the UK for example will open many entries without success before hitting upon more relevant ones
    Regards
    Rob

9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I agree with Rob.
    Luckily most British sellers are intelligent enough to put (UK) in the thread title : not the case with most US sellers.

10. Robstar1963

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Would it be possible perhaps to have an automatic location flag that appears on the thread title ?
    Don't know what's possible with these forum scripts
    Rob

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Rob, the new system shows your location and where you'll ship to in the thread title unless you go back and edit it to remove that information.

12. Robstar1963

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Ahh - that's great - sorry I'd missed that
    Many thanks Amin
    Regards
    Rob

13. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Sounds like you should be fine the way it is. If UK sellers list location then just look at those threads that say "UK". The threads that don't say "UK" must be started by us stupid Yanks, so ignore those. That should work perfectly for you.

Not sure why someone of your obvious intelligence couldn't pick up on that...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robstar1963

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Just wanted to make it clear that I do not associate myself with the comments made immediately after my post about US sellers

15. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Didn't you think did. :thumbup: