Issue With G1 Colours

DavidB

Mu-43 Regular
I think that my problem is that I used to manually adjust the WB through the custom setting but found that the AWB of the E-3 is so darn good that eventually it made me lazy. I'm starting to find out that I can't do that with the G1. :redface:
We all hit the "lazy" problem in different ways. Back in the days I was shooting JPEG I would be constantly tweaking the WB on the cameras based on the lighting around me, even before I took any shots. It became almost instinctive (maybe not quite to the level of Cartier-Bresson setting his exposures as he walked around even without lifting his camera to his eye, but getting that way). I got to know the colour temps of each of the presets on each of the cameras I was using, and sometimes used the options for specifying colour temp and/or for setting custom WB by shooting white/grey targets.
But now with RAW I've got lazy: I know I can set the WB later (and get better results than I used to) so I don't bother in the field. I usually leave the camera on Auto just so I get reasonable previews and histograms on the LCD, but it almost always gets tweaked during processing.

And now the world's turned around again: getting the WB right (or close to right) in-camera is important for video! Sigh... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom