1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Issue with EPL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sarah01, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sarah01

sarah01 New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2011
    So first of I do love this camera. The only problem I have is that the LCD screen keeps blacking out. And no it's not the battery saver thing.
    I could take one shot and 2secs later I've maybe readjusted or moved position and then the screen is black.

Anyone else have a similar issue or know what I do to fix it..? Upgrade or something?

2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Sounds like a defect. Are you able to get the screen to reappear without powering the camera off and on again?

DH

3. sarah01

sarah01 New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2011
    It varies. Sometimes I have to turn the camera off several times, others just on and off again once and on a rare occasion if I just turn the function wheel it'll come back on.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    You can try resetting the camera settings (see p. 70 in the manual), but intermittent problems usually mean something is loose/failing.

DH

5. sarah01

sarah01 New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2011
    Thanks DH

I'll try resetting the camera. If it happens again I'll take it back to shop. Only got it at Christmas :-/

6. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Also try removing the lens with the camera OFF and remounting it, you should hear a click indicating the lens is fully locked. There's an internal switch that's part of the lens release/lock button, if the locking pin is not fully extended, this will cause problems, this is especially true when using adapters for legacy lenses. Keep us posted.