1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Issue with adaptive lens not locking to mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Uwharrie, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    I finally got a chance to try my new to me adapted lens. I am having issues with the Konica Hexanon 135 3.2. I cannot get it to lock onto the adapter. I tried the Konica 40 2.8 on the same adapter and it locked just fine. Help!

2. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

If you are talking about an adapter made in China, it could be similar to the OM to M4/3's that I got (Fotga brand) where the screw holding the little aperture controlling lever was too high & I had to lower it a little. If yours is similar in design, it may be causing a similar problem & will need the same treatment.

3. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Is is one of the cheap ones from China. Will check the screws. Since it works on my other Konica I was not sure if it was the lens or adapter

4. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    Off topic a bit but did you find the Fotga brand to be okay? I ordered a CY mount adapter that was made by Fotga.

5. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    BTW, how did you lower the screw? Anyone else out there using this legacy lens? Is so have you found an adapter that works out of the box?

6. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Europe
    spammer

EDIT:

please delete this post, I've wrote this as a comment to a spammer post in this thread. In meantime that post was deleted by moderators and my post was left without previous context. This is lesson to all to use report function not comment on spams.

Sorry Uwharrie for misunderstanding.

on topic:
    I do have fotga adapter and I am satisfied with it, locks just fine, both lens on adapter and adapter on camera.

7. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Mine work fine together. There is not a discernible click, but the lens won't come off without depressing the little button on the rainbow imaging adapter.

8. Uwharrie

Uwharrie Mu-43 Veteran

May 10, 2012
    North Carolina
    Lynne Ezzell
    Sorry F1L1P. Trying to remove my reply as well! Thanks for the explanation!
    MajorMagee, will hunt for a Rainbow. Not sure which one I have as there are no IDs on it but it does not click or lock. I really want tp play with the 135!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ross the fiddler

It seems to be fine apart from the screw head being a little high. Maybe they should have used a countersunk screw instead, but it works OK now that I modified it. I actually prefer the shape better than the other available brands.

10. Ross the fiddler

I chiselled the aluminium (of the body) away a little to lower the lever & screw, but a milling bit in a drill press would have done a neater job. It only needed to be 1/4mm (0.25mm) lower.

11. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    There are three flanges on the Konica bayonet and one has a notch, about 5mm (3/16") wide. There is a spring loaded pin or lever in the adapter that falls into this notch to lock the lens. Mine uses a lever. Your adapter may be completely different. Mine has a Pixco label on it. I bought the cheapest one I could find at the time.

All kinds of reasons for not locking, and you can look behind your working lens-adapter combination. First look in the adapter while working the release to see what moves. Then see how it fits with the working lens. Then see what's going on with the other lens.

If you don't like unscrewing adapter inserts and filing metal, which is what it will probably take, try another one.

12. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    Like you I had a Fotga adapter that would not lock to my Konica AR Hexanon 135/3.2. I ended up buying a Fotodiox pro adapter, which locked-on perfectly but cost me more than $40. Soon after that, I bought a Konica AR Hexanon 135/2.5. The Fotga fits it just fine, but there's a slight bit of play.