Issue II with New Buy/Sell Format

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by oldracer, Sep 29, 2012.

1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    I think the goal is fine, but the execution is not great.

Specifically, including all of the verbose questions in the final ad often results in the boilerplate taking up more space than the meat. Making the boilerplate bold rather than the meat just makes things worse.

Instead of giving us: "What is your asking price? If selling multiple items, enter the asking price for the primary item here, and indicate prices of other items in the "Describe in detail" section below", how about "Price:" ? and so on ...

Thanks for the great forum.
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I made some changes earlier today and will continue to revise the structure.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    Sorry, Amin. I was not clear. The questions are fine. I was just suggesting that they don't need to appear verbatim in the advert itself.

For example:
    might become something like:

IMHO much easier to read without losing any information.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I don't know how to format it that way but am working on improving it. For now I made the questions shorter.
  5. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    No problem. If want me to take a look at the ****script I could do that towards the end of the week or next week. Maybe I can just fix it for you.

If you're dealing with some kind of forum software interface, though, you may be stuck. To get ease of use, those interfaces inevitably give up flexibility.

Edit: J a v a is apparently a four letter word?
  6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    You're darned right it is!
  7. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Haha... I sent Amin a PM about that a while back, from the "Morning coffee time" thread I found out you can't type that word into the forum. I imagine it's a security & safety mechanism to prevent embedding scripts into post content, but it might be a little overzealous :biggrin:
  8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks! This is the mod I'm using to do the forms: Easy Forms - Create a form or multiple forms without php or html knowledge - Forum
  9. tonys05

tonys05 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 17, 2010
    Anybody else having trouble posting a reply to B&S items? I've PM'd Amin noting that I have all the requisite criteria met for posting.
  10. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    You cannot post replies to the B&S items. This was changed recently. You have to PM the poster, and if you don't have enough posts on the site to PM, then you have to have to make some posts to unlock the PM ability.

This was intentional.
    • Like Like x 1