1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Israel & the Occupied Territories, January 2013

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by oldracer, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    • Like Like x 3
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ahhh ... I don't get it. How does an empty room, two empty chairs, an un-lensed light fixture and a window tie into the Heading?

• Like Like x 1
  3. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    Probably he meant no negotiation.

4. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Sorry to be obscure. This is a photo of a room near the elevators in our Bethlehem hotel. I didn't touch anything, just took the picture.

To me the stark and empty room, with two empty chairs facing one another, is a pretty good metaphor for the peace process.

• Like Like x 2
  5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    ahhh ... got it. Being half a world away, I guess I'm not as sensitive as I should be.

Just as an observation, many extremists glean their power through emotion not rational thought ... a process which makes the extremist's position unarguable.

Gary

• Like Like x 1
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Thanks.

7. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Interesting how the chair on the left side has its back a lot closer to the wall than the chair on the right side. Any perceived associations with the political views of the respective sides and their positions in this dispute are probably coincidental.

8. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    All I can tell you here is that the situation is far different than what is portrayed in the American media. Beyond that, someone will object to the mods. If you are interested, PM me I can give you a couple of links.

Yes. I didn't notice the positioning. But even with your observation I don't know which side I would associate with which chair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.