ISO setting / custom resetting on E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by grey0135, Jul 30, 2010.

1. grey0135

grey0135 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 28, 2010
    The most annoying quirk in the E-PL1 is that you have to dive pretty deep to access the ISO settings. Pretty weird that the double exposure setting is easy to get to (in one of the main menus), but you have to go into several sub-menus to access ISO...

Has anyone figured a way out? Doesn't look like you can assign ISO to one of the buttons (video record button would have been ideal...)

Also, have any of you played around much with the custom reset option? Looks like it could be used as a workaround to the clumsy "my setting" function. I.e. don't need to assign a button - can just create two different custom resets...

Thanks for your advice,

Roger

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Roger,

it does take a while to master the amazing number of controls and settings on the Pen... have you stepped through the configuration videos we did here?

There's a quick status menu where you can adjust ISO much more quickly - just press the Info button when you've pressed OK in live view to switch into that display.

Cheers

Brian

3. grey0135

grey0135 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 28, 2010
    Thank you!

Thanks a lot. Those menus and the various options are convoluted! Starting to feel more and more at home with my E-PL1!