1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ISO in the EVF of the E-M10

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Raptor7, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Raptor7

Raptor7 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi!

I use the EVF of my E-M10 in mode 3. I have been changing some options in the configuration menu, and suddenly, the ISO value, that appeared in the left side of the EVF, has disappeared. What option may I have changed? How can I get it back?

Thank you!

Saludos!

2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Usually if I screw up my display, on either the LCD or EVF, I can get the desired setting back by using cycling the view button. I hate when settings or things that I am used to disappear. Things also change if you accidentally move the mode dial.

3. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    Might you have the camera set to HDR mode? I have noticed that the ISO disappears from the model 3 display when HDR is in use. This does't really make sense - ISO is locked at 200 but that should not prevent it being displayed, and in fact it is displayed in mode 1.

Maybe there are other "special" shooting modes apart from HDR that do this, it is the only one I have noticed.

4. Raptor7

Raptor7 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    Harvey, I tried that, but the ISO didn't come back.

Alan, I check it the HDR, but it is off... I think that should be something like that: I changed some option in the menu, and the ISO dissapeared from the mode 3.

Any other suggestion? I don't want to reset my camera to get it back...

Thank you!

Saludos!

5. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Or is it just the simple cycling of the Info screens?

6. Raptor7

Raptor7 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    I am starting to doubt... does the ISO settings appear in the EVF, in mode 3, when you have the level gauge in the screen? I think it was there before I changed some settings in the menu...

Saludos!

7. Ross the fiddler

Ross the fiddler Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Maybe not with the Level screen, although it might display briefly when changing it. Pressing the Info key will cycle through the screens you have set (ticked) in the Menu & on one of those screens it should be displayed (depending on what you have set).

8. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    I just tried this. The ISO setting disappears when the level gauge is shown (at least as my camera is set up, of course I may also have changed something - I normally use style 1 so can't be sure about style 3). Cycling through the screens with the INFO button it appears on other displays (e.g. histogram) but not with the level gauge.

Like the HDR thing I mentioned above, it is hard to see any logic to this. In style 1 the ISO is displayed at the bottom of the screen when the level gauge is shown. But regardless of the reason, I think you need to either use INFO to cycle through the screens you need, or switch from Style 3 to one of the other styles.

I went through a similar process when I first got my EM10, of thinking I remembered some combination of display items but not being able to reproduce it.... at one stage I managed to lose the vertical level bar completely!