Isn't It Just Amazing How Sigma Can....'

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RT_Panther, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Provide us with a lens that will autofocus on MFT bodies, include a hood, include a carrying case, & price the whole thing below $200 USD.

:2thumbs::thumbup:

Olympus, "Can you hear me now?"....

• Like Like x 4
  2. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    They certainly do offer a lot of bang for the buck, and they do make a number of interesting products. But after my 30/1.4 HSM had the AF motor fail twice within 2 months and Sigma refused to honor the warranty the first time, I'd just as soon Olympus not follow their lead *too* closely.

DH

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    All I'm talking about is a hood - heck, even NEX system lenses come with hoods....:eek:

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Well to be technical the 30mm didn't come with a hood. :tongue: But I get your point.

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Whoops my fault - I thought they both came with them....guess only the 19mm does....:redface: But still.....:smile:

6. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    It will be more amazing if they take away the carrying case (always remains in the box when I had a sigma 30mm f1.4) and slash $30 on the price! But that's just me :)

7. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    In fairness, the Sigmas are pretty slow, and don't provide lens aberration data to allow the camera or PP software to do digital correction.

And if you want to make the Sigma to Oly comparison, you need to do the same thing with CaNikon, which would indicate pretty much all camera manufacturer branded lenses are overpriced.

8. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Oly where are the hoods? the new 75mm doesn't have one too.

9. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    And me too! :smile:

Now I'd would like cases for my Oly lenses, though they don't need to be nearly so big and padded as the Sigma cases.

10. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Let's hope Sigma continues to treat us with cheap af lenses for micro four thirds.
    While I'm not buying their 19 or 30 mm (i have the 20mm from pana and a legacy 35mm shift f2.8 ) i hope they will work again for m43. If they make a sharp wide prime in the 9-12 range at a cheap price, I would not think much before buying it, even if it was a f2.8 or 4...

Btw yes, i think olympus could offer cheap black plastic hoods and sell nice silver metal ones. And cheap pouch like the panasonic ones.

11. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    $30? I bet those cases don't cost Sigma more the a few bucks each.

12. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Neither do those plastic hoods that Canon/Olympus don't include in their lenses. It doesn't stop them from selling them for $20-30.