Isn’t there a case for live iPad Pro USB tethering?

mrvo

Mu-43 Rookie
I would happily pay a premium for a such app integration like the newly released Hasselblad. Is there a hardware decoding limitation from the Camera processor?

Baenwort

Mu-43 Regular
The problem is more a software resource allocation choice. They've never seemed to spend much resources on their android or iOS apps.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hasselblad just announced it with their new camera announcement, so it’s possible. The current Pany app is pretty lackluster.

mrvo

Mu-43 Rookie
I might be wrong, I just checked Hassy info, seems like it just allows “instant” RAW transfer to Phocus Mobile app. Not live view tethering..

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The current Pany app is pretty lackluster.
I have to disagree with you on this. I would be lost without the Panasonic app when it comes to astro photography. The ability to make changes in ISO, aperature, shutter speed, exposure compensation, operate the zoom if it is powered, etc without touching the camera is a massive help.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
I have to disagree with you on this. I would be lost without the Panasonic app when it comes to astro photography. The ability to make changes in ISO, aperature, shutter speed, exposure compensation, operate the zoom if it is powered, etc without touching the camera is a massive help.
It certainly is functional but the UX is pretty terrible. I’ve been using it for years and still have to pause and think about where things are and what they mean.

Repp

Mu-43 All-Pro
I don’t even really want control, I just want the camera to forward raw files directly to the iPad for review/editing, to a folder of my choosing. The current setup is slow/convoluted to sync, even with the Bluetooth integration. And if you touch the camera controls it kicks you out of the app control.

Stanga

Mu-43 Top Veteran
How would the camera know which folder to forward the images to? That's a push operation that would need an action at the camera end. The app works on a pull operation, grabbing the image from the camera SD card.

I don't know anything about the iPAD, but if you have the knowledge on how to convert a PC operation to an iPAD operation, you could give the following a try:
I set it up a while back and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom