Isle of Eigg, Scotland

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

Just back from a few days camping on Eigg (via Camusdarach). Suffered a bit from photographer's paranoia that all the good light was happening where I wasn't and was on foot so couldn't chase it, but fairly pleased with some of what I came away with despite a few missed opportunities. Think I'm getting to grips with the E-M5 properly now as well.

Image mega-dump follows.

View attachment 357800

View attachment 357801

View attachment 357802

20. Got photo bombed by a mad dog :p
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ahinesdesign

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Aaron
You may not have been able to chase the "good" light, but it seems it found you. Great photos!

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
You may not have been able to chase the "good" light, but it seems it found you. Great photos!
Thanks. I'm definitely happier looking at the files now than I was when I was shooting.

Scotland is a very beautiful country and your pictures are great!
It really is. I'll sadly be leaving in a month and am already regretting not making more of my time here.

Fantastic stuff. Looks like you got the weather too. Must go there sometime...
Cheers. Yeah the weather was surprisingly good - I'd have traded the sunburn for a day or two of stormy seas though!

Image overload!
Heh yeah I know. I was going to split the post up but was so impressed by my atypical productivity that I couldn't resist a megapost.

digi2ap

Mu-43 Rookie
Lovely and you have many great shots of the mountainous view towards Rum or should that be Rhum? It does seem that you has some great spring weather, proof that April can often be a good time to visit the Western Isles.

BigTom

Mu-43 Regular
Lovely and you have many great shots of the mountainous view towards Rum or should that be Rhum? It does seem that you has some great spring weather, proof that April can often be a good time to visit the Western Isles.
Yeah the Rum Cuillin make a fantastic backdrop for any images taken on the west coast of Eigg. I think Rùm is the correct Gaellic, Rum is the anglicised spelling and Rhum was invented by a former Laird of the island who didn't want to sound like an old soak!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom