Is Tony Northup Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
What's the problem with Ken Rockwell? I've seen his name often when looking for old vintage lenses, but don't understand his fame (or lack of).

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
He is going the way of Ken Rockwell RIP
What's wrong with Ken? He quite openly admits that he may be taking the mickey on his site. Totally different to that @rseclown Northrup, who tries to project his bias & guesswork as "knowledge" Good info on not blaming the gear on Kens site, but working on technique. And a bit of post processing. Good info on shooting ultrawide lenses too. As with every single person I've met & had anything to do with in this world, I don't agree with every thing he says. That's life

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I will regret saying this, but some of the posts recently remind me of why I no longer visit DPR. Hope this is not a sign of things to come if the site is opened up

Sorry if I offend anyone by saying this

NCV

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Nigel
What's wrong with Ken? He quite openly admits that he may be taking the mickey on his site. Totally different to that @rseclown Northrup, who tries to project his bias & guesswork as "knowledge" Good info on not blaming the gear on Kens site, but working on technique. And a bit of post processing. Good info on shooting ultrawide lenses too. As with every single person I've met & had anything to do with in this world, I don't agree with every thing he says. That's life
Rockwell has written some good stuff. I provided a link above to one great article.

I remember reading a piece he wrote about those who photograph from the same spots that Ansel Adams chose to shoot many of his greatest pictures. It was a great piece of writing.

mike3996

Mu-43 Veteran
So much saltiness over this. You know back in the day if you encountered material you didn't care to view, you moved on. Not needlessly whine over it for weeks. An outsider just might concur m43 shooters *do* suffer from inferiority complex :rolleyes-38:

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
Not a fan of much of Ken Rockwell's technique information,
but when I was shooting Nikon, his encyclopedic database on Nikkor lenses was invaluable.
I think it's one of the treasures on the web and a real accomplishment on his part.

DanS

Mu-43 All-Pro
So much saltiness over this. You know back in the day if you encountered material you didn't care to view, you moved on. Not needlessly whine over it for weeks. An outsider just might concur m43 shooters *do* suffer from inferiority complex :rolleyes-38:
back in the day that weren't nearly as many people who blindly believed everything they read or heard on the internet. Today far to many people seem to automatically believe everything they read, specially when it comes from someone semi-famous.

back in the day they used to say how the internet was going to make everyone smarter because they'd have free access to a wealth of information. skip forward to today, and I think the internet and social media has had the exact opposite effect.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
You see these 'guru's' come and go all the time people get bored I would think of their output and funnily enough the ones I see last like the Candid Frame chap tend to talk more about the art or to artists rather than being disparaging of the gear. Actually I feel the ones who last give less of a 'I know it all' feel about it and more of a 'I have stuff to learn also' vibe. I can see them like others be yesterdays couple in a couple of years as some other guru comes along, now I wish I knew how to do it. Though I would not get backers from business with my 'well most cameras of the last 5++ years are all good' line and I hate to see my own image a video of it, shoot me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom