1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is this true? No NR on EP2 during burst mode

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by nwbie1, Oct 18, 2010.

1. nwbie1

nwbie1 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2010
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Hi Guys and Gals,

Just got my new EP2 yesterday :smile: and noticed that if I turn it on to burst mode, the NR feature is automatically turned off...is there a work around on this? I shot in burst mode in low light last night and noticed some noise in the pictures during my review....

Thanks.

Alan

2. e.besana

e.besana Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Tarrytown, NY
    Hi Alan,
    I noticed this when I got mine as well. It probably turns it off in burst mode in order to write to the card faster. Reason being per the manual "While noise reduction is activated, it takes about twice the usual time to take a picture" - pg. 104 of the manual

3. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    Noise reduction is effected by the camera taking a dark frame after the shot, and using that to detect and subtract noise from the original shot. If it was active in burst mode, you'd only get a picture for every other shutter release.

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Noise Reduction, as opposed to Noise Filter, is really only applicable to long exposures, for which burst mode is not appropriate anyway and invariably you would be working with a tripod. You should still be able to use the Noise Filter, set to Low, Medium, or High. :smile:

5. nwbie1

nwbie1 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 18, 2010
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Thanks guys for explaining how the system works...I'm starting have a better understanding now. I did some test and what John said is true. The filter worked during the burst mode. Took one pic in normal setting and one in high setting. You can see the difference. Thanks John.

Alan