1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is this the price of 25mm f1.4?

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by playak47, Jun 12, 2011.

1. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I would say not. Look -- you can buy a used one! This is the old 43 lens, and something or someone is mixed up at Amazon.com. Also, it says "for Panasonic SLR cameras" -- Panasonic doesn't sell SLR cameras anymore.

So, no, I'd say this is not the soon-to-be-released lens, and therefore the price is not revealed yet (whether, by chance, this ends up being the right price for the new lens is a different issue).

3. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    It could be poorly written page. In the description it does say the the lens is for micro four thirds format. Maybe someone is jumping the gun by selling early? Still the page is not consistent like you said.

4. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    25mm or 40mm?

During my years as a photographer I eventually gave up on a 50mm lens as being "too normal," and most others did the same because we could get shorter and longer fast lenses. Now people seem to be excited about a m43 50mm (25mm x2). seems to me that what we really need are two other fast lenses: a 40mm (40 x 2=80) which would be the portrait lens; and a fast 17 (17 x2=34) which is the "classic normal" lens used by so many of the famous b&w Leica shooters of the past. Since I use my GH2 mainly for video those fast primes would provide the limited DOF we love!