Is this the answer to my UWA dreams?

broody

Mu-43 Veteran
Lots of really nice lenses coming soon for us...

I'm really interested in Zyoptic's compact ultrafast primes.

EarthQuake

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would be happy to see a nice, compact UWA prime. However I would want it to be 7mm ideally (otherwise I'll stick with the 7-14) and much smaller than this 8.5mm. Will likely be a nice lens, but the size/weight/cost of it are all probably out of whack for my purposes.

A Samyang 6 or 7mm 2.8 or 4.0 the size of the 7.5 or 12/2 or even a bit bigger would be perfect for me.

getoutandshoot

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave
There is also this new SLR Magic 10mm:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1899850964/slr-magic-introduces-hyperprime-cine-10mm-t2-1-for-micro-four-thirds

The Kowa 8.5mm sample image in this post seems to show a lot of distortion:
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/kowa-prominar-8-5mm-12mm-25mm-m43s-lens-samples-24186

I like the fact that both the Kowa and this SLR Magic will take filters and the SLR Magic variable ND filter looks interesting. So we're getting the Kowa 8.5mm f/2.8, the Olympus Pro 7-14mm f/2.8, and this new SLR Magic 10mm. Things are looking up in the wide angle category. I'll be interested to see if Olympus announces a 9mm officially soon; I think that is just a rumor right now.

Dave

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
That price may be extra high because it is early. I am not sure it isn't a scam. However I bet the US price will be around $1000. The c-mount version of this lens is just under $1000 and does not have the nice body and rings. As to what they were thinking - the same thing that all the other lens makers are thinking - there are dopes out there willing to pay through the nose for a good lens. Although I would love to have one of these, along with many other lenses, it will never happen because I don't have money to burn.

EarthQuake

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Its a c-mount lens, is anyone sure that it covers the entire 4/3rds sensor? Or that it will fit on an adapter(many c mount lenses are too wide to fit on a C to M43 adapter)?

Edit, nevermind, I see from the link above that the lenses appear to taper at the end so they should fit, and it says they cover the 43rds sensor as well.

LowriderS10

Monkey with a camera.
Once in a while I run across a negative comment about the 9-18. I guess I must be lucky because my 9-18 is brilliant!
^^ What he said :)
Same here. I see people hating on it now and again, but I absolutely love the little guy. I have to admit I usually have pretty bad G.A.S., so I'm always looking at new stuff to buy...my 9-18 was the first lens I bought for my OM-D, so it's had to prove its worth time and time again to not be replaced...it's still in the bag and still the most used lens I own! :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom