Is this kit a bargain

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Not really up on Olympus prices but fancy a EP-1 for the IBIS.

Made an offer of £610incRMSD for this kit.....said to be as new, just a few weeks old.

Olympus E-P1 Body (White/Brown version)
Olympus 14-42 Lens
Olympus 17mm Pancake Lens
Olympus Optical Viewfinder (for 17mm lens)
Gordy Leather Hand Strap (imported from USA)
4GB Sandisk Ultra II SDHC Card
Spare Battery (Energiser)

Is this a good price, or would you recommend looking elsewhere. Thanks for any comments, and sorry if posted in the wrong place.

John.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi John, is the warranty is transferrable?

The cheapest price I can find for the E-P1 + 14-42 is here... £529.99

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
You'll just need the original purchase receipt for the camera from the UK retailer.

Cheers

Brian

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi John,

I guess if you tot up the price for all the items individually and it comes to a lot more than that (bearing in mind EP1 prices have dropped a fair bit since the EP2 become readily available) and it is something you want, then yes it is a good price.

If you are hesitating then don't get it because it is not worth the price to you.

This is the logic I use otherwise you will never buy kit and spend all your time searching for a price a few pounds less!

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi John,

I guess if you tot up the price for all the items individually and it comes to a lot more than that (bearing in mind EP1 prices have dropped a fair bit since the EP2 become readily available) and it is something you want, then yes it is a good price.

If you are hesitating then don't get it because it is not worth the price to you.

This is the logic I use otherwise you will never buy kit and spend all your time searching for a price a few pounds less!

Hi Ian.

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is making a decision, but most of the time i'm happy when i go through with a deal. Never been 100% happy with the GF1 though and like the appeal of the IBIS of the E-P1. Having both gives me the chance to see which i like best and then get rid of one. Thought the lenses might be worth about £150 each or is that wishful thinking.

John.

John.

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would say that is a little low, if the kit is only a few weeks old then you need to consider what you pay new for those lenses, the battery must be getting up around £40+ and the viewfinder around £60+ so already you have almost half the purchase price in those objects alone.

Quite a few places are selling the EP1 +14-42 for around £450 - £550 and the 17mm for about £200 - £280

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi

Took the plunge and bought it, the kit and lens was purchased new on Jan 16th, so barely 6 weeks old. Looking forward to the E-P1 early next week. :smile:

Thanks for the reply's.

John.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
John, will they give you the original purchase receipt?

Congratulations, it's a great camera.

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
John

comments deleted as you had bought it and I only realised after I had posted

Good luck

Iansky

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
John,

Good luck with the new kit and as Brian and others have said, make sure they either give you the original receipt or a full guarantee.

Looking forward to seeing your images.

Ian

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Hi.

Thanks everyone, confirmed with seller over the phone to supply original receipt, which according to him is no problem, it is still unregistered. Getting a bit impatient now, must be a boys toy thing. :biggrin:

John.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi.

Thanks everyone, confirmed with seller over the phone to supply original receipt, which according to him is no problem, it is still unregistered. Getting a bit impatient now, must be a boys toy thing. :biggrin:

John.

If I remember correctly it's called GAS

Latest threads

Top Bottom