1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is this adaptable to μ43?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by voltcontrol, Jun 14, 2013.

1. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Ever wonder if a lens is adaptable to μ43?
    Please add your questionable lenses.

I sure am wondering if and how this thing that I recently found is adaptable to μ43, or to what it is adaptable anyway, since it has no thread:

Rodenstock Ysarex f210mm

9041729419_0edabf1bac_b.

9041730907_11a3c51329_b.

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    How ya gonna focus that?

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    A Large Format lens? Good question...

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Slide+bellows = rock on!

5. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Rodenstock made helical focusing devices for their lenses, and that may work, then you just would have to find a way to get the contraption on. Or you could get it on to a bellows, if you really wanted to. I don't know if it's worth it.

Check the fleabay for some helicals, if you can find one that fits your thread, and can mount to lets say the M42 or some easily mountable lens. Than maybe it would be feasible.

6. voltcontrol

voltcontrol Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2013
    Large format lenses usually have mounting threads I assume? I'm still looking for the proper way in which this thing whould be attached to 'X'.

7. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    It's likely a LF lens in a barrel. Lets say this little guy was meant to go into a 2x3 speed graphic (likely from what I've looked up, as it seems it will only cover 4x5 with vignettes at zero movements). You can screw this lens open in the middle, and rescrew it to gether around a lens board. It may not need a shutter, as the 2x3 SG has a focal plane shutter. Some models of the lens came with shutters, some were in barrel. If it is in barrel, I have heard of specialty projects done to mount barreled lenses to modern camera's. SK Grimes would be your solution if it could be done with a nice tidy elegeant design, and it won't come cheap. otherwise find a macro bellows for lets say a m42 or fd mount, some wood to make a lens board and slap it on. If it takes FANTASTIC pictures, get a quote from Grimes.

8. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Be aware that Grimes is going to charge several hundred dollars at a minimum, so I doubt it's worth the effort and cost. I once contacted them on a less complicated issue - and was surprised at the magnitude of their quote.

BTW, looking at it, I don't think it's a camera lens - I think it's a process lens designed for professional reprographic equipment of some sort, or perhaps a projector lens, which would explain the lack of mounting threads and any sort of shutter or diaphragm.

9. gnb40

gnb40 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Maryland
    Gary
    If I remember right, that lens is highly corrected for infinity focus (for large format landscape photos). It would screw into a Compur 0 shutter (not 100% on the zero). Without the shutter, you can only shoot it wide open as it doesn't have an aperture.