Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by rdearth53, Mar 1, 2012.

1. rdearth53

rdearth53 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2012
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I found somewhere online that I can get a Panasonic 20 1.7, brand new, shipped to me for $345. Is this a good deal? Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  2. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    That seems reasonable.
    There have been some recent comments that the price has been going up and has bcome a little harder to get.
  3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    That's a fair price, especially for a brand new 20/1.7.
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    I purchased my brand new sample last year for $349, so $345 is an acceptably good deal.
  5. mqavila

mqavila Mu-43 Regular

Hi rdearth53, if you don't mind telling, which site offers it at US$345 shipped?
  6. rdearth53

rdearth53 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2012
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I found a place called cost that is selling it. However, after some more looking, I've seen some reports that they sell some things as if they are in stock when they really aren't, and then you have to go through a hassle with customer service. I will try to call them and see if I can get confirmation that they have any, but I'd be somewhat wary of buying the lens from them now since it isn't in stock at many places currently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  7. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    I haven't dealt with them, but the 20 is in short supply here in the states. I just paid 350 delivered for a open box copy and felt fortunate to find it. Be patient if you can...
  8. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England
    As with most manufacturers, Panasonic's lenses are made in batches. The company has recently been concentrating on making the 14-42mm and 45-175mm X zooms.

In the meantime, high demand for the 20mm f/1.7 has depleted stocks, so you should take advantage of any that are offered by stores that have them in stock.
    • Like Like x 1