1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

[EXPIRED] is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Z-man, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Z-man

Z-man Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nov 16, 2011
    I found a local guy who wants to get rid of his E-PL3 for $450. Retail is $699. He says less than 300 shots on it. I was looking for just an olympus body, but this seems like too good to pass up. I don't need the lens..

just looking for some feedback..

2. bwxd

bwxd New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Feb 17, 2012
    Woodhaven, NY
    if you dont buy ill buy it haha, lemme get his contact!

3. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    The price is right. If you look at the classifieds in this forum you'll find a few P3 plus kit lens and the VF2 for less than $800. Selling the lens and the viewfinder would get you the camera for $450-480. The $450 is a good price but not an amazing deal. Wait until the omd comes out and you'll get the P3 for close to $300.
    Do a google search to find out how to figure the real shutter count for the camera you buy. 300 shots is nothing and I doubt people spend $800 for a camera only to keep it in a closet.

4. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    First, this is more of a classifieds section; since this is a discussion you should consider posting it in the Olympus subforum, or open discussion. Second, if it's with lens, which your post seems to indicate, then if you consider that a 14-42mm MSC or R version lens sells for $120-$140, then you're paying about $300 for the E-PL3, which is a very fair price for you. Even at $350, it's not bad, because if you take youry's suggestion and wait for the OM-D to come out and for prices to drop, that's another 2 months minimum that you won't have a camera. Is having a camera worth $25/month to you?

5. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Oopppssss. Didn't even realized it was in the buy and sell forum. I accessed the thread from main page "recent discussions" column.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Think of it this way... you can either buy a brand new E-PM1 for $450 or a slightly used E-PL3 for $450. You get a model upgrade with tilt LCD for taking one that's a bit used.

Sounds like a good deal to me, though others might prefer to take the downgrade just to have it brand new retail.