Is there any way to copy exposure settings in LR? or have them displayed on the JPEG once exported?

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
I want to start writing a few things up on my personal blog and sharing. I figured for some things it would be nice to include exposure settings (SS, ISO, Ap, focal length, etc) in the description/title of the image. The problem I'm having is it's tedious trying to copy these individual metadata for each image. TIA

I tried googling but it's really hard to word it for the search to be accurate...

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Michael, PIE is simply the best GUI to EXIFTool that I've come across. Most people are VERY uncomfortable using a command line interface, even if they know what they are doing.
Different strokes for different folks. I am a programmer and I embed exiftool in my scripts that I use to build my albums, etc. So for me, the command line is more convenient.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Irfanview can extract the EXIF and IPTC data from an image and, for example, add it to the filename. So you could change your filename from p6040049.jpg to p6040049-f8-800.jpg

This can be used, for example, to fix the problem where copying your images to say a flash drive using an Android device destroys the time stamp on the images (they all wind up with the same time stamp when they were copied). So if you were on a trip and you want to look at images from a certain day, you can no longer tell. But using Irfanview, you can extract the time and date from the EXIF data and add it to the filename:

p6040049.jpg becomes p6040049-062021-2021:06:04_14:05:16.jpg

You can use EXIFTOOL tool also, of course, but Irfan is more friendly and easier.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
I also should have mentioned that Irfanview can also just say produce a gallery of thumbnails of your images and place below each one any set of EXIF or IPTC data you want. I'm not exactly clear how you want to use this info.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom