1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is there any way to change when the MF magnification switches back to normal? (OM-D)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Jul 12, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi guys...

I swear I saw something in the menus about this, but I can't find it (and I don't have my manual handy).

Is there any way to change how long it takes for the camera to go back to non-magnified view after I go turn the ring in MF. As it is, it kicks back a little too quickly...I'd like to lengthen it by a second or two.

Also...right now it's magnifying it 14x...which means that I'm getting an effective FL of over 1000mm with the 45 when magnified, which is more than 20x magnification...so it's shaking a TON...I'd like to knock that down to 5 or 10x magnification (though I'm okay with 10x or 14x with the 9-18)...is that possible?

Thanks! :)
    T

2. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Just turn one of the dials when magnified to adjust size. I don't think you can change the auto magnify time, you can assign magnify to a button and control it yourself though.

Sent from my Samsung Note II via mu-43 app.

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Ah, thought so about the magnification...I tried that, but it didn't work, but I was in a hurry...must have turned the wrong dial or the wrong direction or something.

Dang...thanks..I already have all my buttons set up and don't think I want to part with any of them...guess I'll just have to get used to the time, then!

4. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Blessing and curse of a customizable camera like the OM-D. So many options I can't even remember if there was a setting to get the magnification to adjust via dial. I used the top Function button as multi function, one of the options (hold down button and turn dial to pick function) is magnify.

I always seemed to run out of buttons too, couldn't ever quite get the perfect setup.

5. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Oooh, I forgot about the multi-function thing...I haven't played with it yet, I might give it a try, though I really like the camera the way I have it set up now.

I just noticed that you're from the Island...whereabouts? I call Van Island my home (though I've been in Korea for nearly 3 years)...I've lived in Victoria, Nanaimo and Campbell River (as well as a few other places in BC and Alberta). :) ...whenever I go back to Canada, I'll be living on the rock once again! :)