Is there a site to buy Panasonic refurbs?

Mu-43 Legend
I know the places for Oly -- what about Panny refurb sources?

Mu-43 Legend
Thanks, but it seems Panny's "factory outlet" prices are still as much (or more) than Amazon.

uberzone

Mu-43 Rookie
Nocticron price at "Outlet Store" - $2,299 on sale for $1999.95 (both way above MSRP)
price at regular Panasonic site $1599.99

This factoryoutletstore.com is not even affiliated with Panasonic, unlike getolympus.com, which is the official store run by Olympus. This seems like a shady site that marks up all of their products and still charges more than MSRP even after the "sale" price.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those sites that has zero inventory and only buys the item when an order is placed. Think about it, they could just buy it from Amazon themselves and have it shipped directly to you. They pocket the cost difference with zero liability and overhead......Why didn't I think of this................genius. I've heard of this same tactic with some ebay sellers too. Not a bad gig.

fredlong

Just this guy...
Real Name
Fred
I remember that new items didn't seem priced competitively, but the prices on refurbs were about the same as the used market.

Fred

speedandstyle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes, there is a Panasonic factory outlet store. Electric shavers, microwaves and, oh yea, cameras. Both refurbs and discounts.

http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore.com

Alright! Now I can get that nose hair trimmer I always wanted - wait did I type that? :biggrin:

Thanks for the link!

Just went and looked and found this idiotic statement - "world's first Leica lens"! really? considering Leica has been around since 1849!
Don't believe me here is the link - http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore.com/details/7661/panasonic-l-es014050.html?category_id=17866 scroll down a tiny bit.

Also their prices on lenses at least are not that good, in fact they SUCK. B & H sells every lens cheaper!

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not a Panasonic site

Thanks, but it seems Panny's "factory outlet" prices are still as much (or more) than Amazon.

That site is not run by Panasonic.
Read the fine print - "An Independent Retailer of Consumer Products."

In the lens section, the first one I came across is actually a Four-Third lens, yet it shows its compatible to MFT models.
I'd steer clear of this site!

shnitz

Mu-43 All-Pro
Olympus' refurb store is really just their own retail channel, called refurbished so that:
-They don't piss off their resellers by directly competing with them
-They can drop the price by dropping the warranty

Panasonic doesn't seem to be flooding the market by overmanufacturing as much as Olympus, and instead just try to move product at end of life, hence all of the camera body fire sales. If you keep your eyes open, you will notice that they go crazy. Whether it's blowing out the G2 or G5 through various resellers, or it's giving away the GH1 through their webstore to Facebook fans, etc. However, I know that many camera stores have stopped selling Panasonic, because they will invest in the gear, and then a month later, you have Panasonic selling below their cost.

Yes, there is a Panasonic factory outlet store. Electric shavers, microwaves and, oh yea, cameras. Both refurbs and discounts.

http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore.com

Sorry, but as mentioned, that site is not Panasonic. With that web address, you are going to factoryoutletstore.com, and Panasonic is the subaddress. Just like going to mail.yahoo.com instead of www.yahoo.com takes you to yahoo.com's webmail subsite instead of their main site, the address that you posted takes you to a Panasonic subset of the site www.factoryoutletstore.com and is in no way affiliate with Panasonic.

It's like the difference between www.bankofamerica.com and bankofamerica.pleasegivemeyourpassword.com. The first link is Bank of America, the second is bogus.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
That site is not run by Panasonic.
Read the fine print - "An Independent Retailer of Consumer Products."

In the lens section, the first one I came across is actually a Four-Third lens, yet it shows its compatible to MFT models.
I'd steer clear of this site!

Not only that, but they are claiming that's the first Leica lens ever made - LOL!

BTW, if that WAS the world's first Leica lens, it would be an incredible bargain at $1499.95 You could turn around and sell it for 7 figures.

Latest threads

Top Bottom