1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Is there a site to buy Panasonic refurbs?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by WT21, Apr 10, 2014.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I know the places for Oly -- what about Panny refurb sources?

2. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    I bought one in the UK, but since we don't know where you are...... :smile:

3. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    • Like Like x 3
  4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Thanks, but it seems Panny's "factory outlet" prices are still as much (or more) than Amazon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Excellent, I was needing a new nose hair trimmer.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Thanks for that link. I had been wondering where I could find the 14mm f2.5 lens for $460. I can't seem to find a price over $325 anywhere else, and mostly they're under $200.

7. uberzone

uberzone Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 27, 2014
    Nocticron price at "Outlet Store" - $2,299 on sale for $1999.95 (both way above MSRP)
    price at regular Panasonic site $1599.99

This factoryoutletstore.com is not even affiliated with Panasonic, unlike getolympus.com, which is the official store run by Olympus. This seems like a shady site that marks up all of their products and still charges more than MSRP even after the "sale" price.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those sites that has zero inventory and only buys the item when an order is placed. Think about it, they could just buy it from Amazon themselves and have it shipped directly to you. They pocket the cost difference with zero liability and overhead......Why didn't I think of this................genius. I've heard of this same tactic with some ebay sellers too. Not a bad gig.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I do not believe they are part of with Panasonic, so it would be hard to call them Panasonic's factory outlet, despite their name.

--Ken

9. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    I remember that new items didn't seem priced competitively, but the prices on refurbs were about the same as the used market.

Fred

10. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Alright! Now I can get that nose hair trimmer I always wanted - wait did I type that? :biggrin:

Thanks for the link!

Just went and looked and found this idiotic statement - "world's first Leica lens"! really? considering Leica has been around since 1849!
    Don't believe me here is the link - http://panasonic.factoryoutletstore.com/details/7661/panasonic-l-es014050.html?category_id=17866 scroll down a tiny bit.

Also their prices on lenses at least are not that good, in fact they SUCK. B & H sells every lens cheaper!

11. zlatko-photo

zlatko-photo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 8, 2014
    You might have to pay through the nose for that nose hair trimmer! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Not a Panasonic site

That site is not run by Panasonic.
    Read the fine print - "An Independent Retailer of Consumer Products."

In the lens section, the first one I came across is actually a Four-Third lens, yet it shows its compatible to MFT models.
    I'd steer clear of this site!

13. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Olympus' refurb store is really just their own retail channel, called refurbished so that:
    -They don't piss off their resellers by directly competing with them
    -They can drop the price by dropping the warranty

Panasonic doesn't seem to be flooding the market by overmanufacturing as much as Olympus, and instead just try to move product at end of life, hence all of the camera body fire sales. If you keep your eyes open, you will notice that they go crazy. Whether it's blowing out the G2 or G5 through various resellers, or it's giving away the GH1 through their webstore to Facebook fans, etc. However, I know that many camera stores have stopped selling Panasonic, because they will invest in the gear, and then a month later, you have Panasonic selling below their cost.

Sorry, but as mentioned, that site is not Panasonic. With that web address, you are going to factoryoutletstore.com, and Panasonic is the subaddress. Just like going to mail.yahoo.com instead of www.yahoo.com takes you to yahoo.com's webmail subsite instead of their main site, the address that you posted takes you to a Panasonic subset of the site www.factoryoutletstore.com and is in no way affiliate with Panasonic.

It's like the difference between www.bankofamerica.com and bankofamerica.pleasegivemeyourpassword.com. The first link is Bank of America, the second is bogus.

14. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Not only that, but they are claiming that's the first Leica lens ever made - LOL!

BTW, if that WAS the world's first Leica lens, it would be an incredible bargain at $1499.95 You could turn around and sell it for 7 figures.